New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    blue/white box ng standard

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use Bendix Metal Kings on my Frontier and my bro's Sentra, despite what some claim on rotors being eaten up. So far so good. Ghosthunter also said in another thread that his rotors lasted 5 years before being changed.

Changing rotors is an eventuality with all cars regardless of what pads you use and i'd rather have stronger brakes always. As they say: you can never get enough suspension and brakes.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    mga guru....innocent question here...
    pano mo malalaman na time to change the brake pad na? pag di ba agad kumakagat un brake, does it mean time to change them na?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    based on how far you've gone with your pads or if kuripot wait for brake squeal that wont go away, that means the indicator is in contact with the rotor.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    Metal Kings are known to destroy rotors daw afaik
    metal kings will eat at the rotors at a greater rate than standard pads but rotors will still last for years before needing replacement.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako metal kings gamit ko, no complaints naman ako

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    blue/white box nga ata ung nabili ko.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    if kuripot wait for brake squeal that wont go away, that means the indicator is in contact with the rotor.
    present! hehe. wala kasi akong alam sa mga ganyan, kaya nung may parang squeal na pinatingnan ko na sa mekaniko namin. ayun sabi ung break pad na raw.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Changing rotors is an eventuality with all cars regardless of what pads you use and i'd rather have stronger brakes always. As they say: you can never get enough suspension and brakes.
    i know you arent racing.but the difference in braking "power" of the said variants can only be felt during high speed/prolong braking like racing in the track or if you have so much power in your engine (that you always use in these busy streets of ours[?]).

there is a difference, though. if anyone wants better braking power, upgrade to bigger brakes, not just the pads.

yes, it will take a while before the rotors will be damaged.but metal kings will definitely make it sooner for the vehicle owner to visit his suking machine shop earlier than planned
    Last edited by GlennSter; September 27th, 2005 at 10:58 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Point taken dude. ;)

In the end it will boil down to what one would prioritize then. When i drive outtatown the added brake power of the Metal Kings over the stockers is quite evident on the highway and in the mountains; especially since i've adjusted my driving style to using the brakes more over engine braking to help conserve fuel a bit (my first set of pads lasted me over 60,000kms before i decided to changed them since i relied a lot on engine torque).

When i checked before, the cost of a replacement rotor was at the 1k more or less to 2k range depending on the car so it's not that heavy on the pocket given you have to change every 5 years or so.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    standards do the trick naman. if you like a lot of fast driving naman, even metal kings have a hard time when used hard. for those type of drivers, only upgraded pads such as winmax, project mu, tanabe, etc will do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
bendix brake pad