New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Curious and tanong ko na rin...

Is it required/mandatory na magpa-align (wheel alignment for example) after changing suspension parts like shox, springs and etc.???

I'm planning to do my suspension and was wondering what to do next? Any input from you guys?

kung suspension works gagawin mo,you dont need an alignment,but,you need a camber..because of the different suspension,the wheels may not be at a correct angle to ground which may lead to uneven wear in either outer/inner thread of the tire..

a camber job is much expensive than a alignment,but, a camber job mostly include wheel alignment..

you only need a wheel alignment if you repair the steering rack or change tie rod/tie rod ends..

once you replace it,its better to go to a reputable shop to have it checked..it free naman..

be sure than soooorrrry..hope i'd helped

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup what he said

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Ahh...ok. Next stop camber alignment.

alwayz_yummy -> ur the man!..

BlueBimmer -> wat can i say? ur still a man dude! :D

tnx

thanx po sir!felt good to help..

kasi experience ko ito sa van ko..aquired sa subic...una panaman sira ung underchasis and streeing rack.. at sa span ng 4 years i have changed 2 sets of 30x9.5 lt due to incorrect alignment/camber..

pagpalit ko ng gulong ngayon,ipapacamber ko kasi general suspension works have been done..

welcome!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    nyek! dapat pala pina camber ko na pagpalit ng mga tie rod

ngayon pag nagdadrive ako pumapaling sa kanan pag binitawan ang manibela.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    better get that done ASAP, you wouldn't want to have uneven tire wear. San area ka ba? :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    springs --> camber

tie rod, rack end -->alignment

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hanep si speedyfix sa mga posted replies.. hataw!..

BTW, anu services offered nyo (specialties) sa shop nyo sir speedy? Lapit lang kc ko sa inyo kung d ako nagkakamali(we're near camp crame).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    speaking of alignment...I just my shaft kit bolts changed. before I got the job done, my tbars were cranked up to provide more lift. But then after changing the shaft kit bolt today, my tbars dropped a bit. Will there come a point wherein once you lift your vehicle ,via t-bars, the camber alignment can't be done correctly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Are alignments required after fixing suspension?