New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    do you think its more of a clocking than alignment? kasi if its clocking i can live with it for now. just worried ill ruin my semi new tires this early due to alignment problems.

kung clocking lang i can wait for my next PMS (6 months) which is about 3 months away.

is there a way to check if its just clocking or alignment?

if the car is not pulling, not leading and not drifting and tracking straight on a straight road, there shouldn't be problem with the alignment. if you are constantly correcting the direction or have to hold it from leading to one side, there is a problem. the camber and/or the caster could be set wrong. the road crown has to be considered when adjusting these two angles aside from the thrust angle

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if the car is not pulling, not leading and not drifting and tracking straight on a straight road, there shouldn't be problem with the alignment. if you are constantly correcting the direction or have to hold it from leading to one side, there is a problem. the camber and/or the caster could be set wrong. the road crown has to be considered when adjusting these two angles aside from the thrust angle
    i dont feel that im constantly correcting or holding the steering wheel on one side to go straight... if it is... its super negligible. so this is ok?

but to go straight... the steering wheel is slightly to the right and not straight. if i just let go of the steering wheel i feel that it still goes straight (if not its also negligible) but the steering goes a bit to the right. on some attempts to go straight while letting go of the wheel... it sometimes veers super slightly to the left.

really not sure on what this problem is as i never changed anything on the suspension, wheels, or tires.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i dont feel that im constantly correcting or holding the steering wheel on one side to go straight... if it is... its super negligible. so this is ok?

but to go straight... the steering wheel is slightly to the right and not straight. if i just let go of the steering wheel i feel that it still goes straight (if not its also negligible) but the steering goes a bit to the right. on some attempts to go straight while letting go of the wheel... it sometimes veers super slightly to the left.

really not sure on what this problem is as i never changed anything on the suspension, wheels, or tires.

was the car assembled in the philippines? ave the alignment angles checked. the most common causes for your symptoms are improperly set camber or caster. for left hand drive cars, it is set slightly more positive caster on the right and/or slightly more positive camber on the left to offset the inclination of the road crown. so far, your symptoms are more of steering wheel over center adjustment. what needs to be done is to shorten the right hand tie rod and lengthen the left tie rod the same amount to center your steering wheel.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    was the car assembled in the philippines? ave the alignment angles checked. the most common causes for your symptoms are improperly set camber or caster. for left hand drive cars, it is set slightly more positive caster on the right and/or slightly more positive camber on the left to offset the inclination of the road crown. so far, your symptoms are more of steering wheel over center adjustment. what needs to be done is to shorten the right hand tie rod and lengthen the left tie rod the same amount to center your steering wheel.
    its assembled in thailand from what i know. theres even a possibility that it was like this when i got it... baka di ko lang napansin before.

went through the 1 month or 1k odo check 2 months ago and i believe they checked tire wear and alignment... which was ok'd

if its just steering wheel centering then thats ok for me... for now.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    went to servitek... wala pa sila specs to align the fiesta. hassle. hintay na lang siguro 6 month pms... which will be in 3 months pa.
    try mo kaya sa kalikot sa evangelista, makati. nagpa-allign ako don ng galant ko, 1 year and 7 months ago, hangang ngayon, ok pa.

ewan lang kung kaya na nila ang fiesta. ano ba yan, que bago2X pa lang ng unit mo may problema na, and the casa can't fix it ba?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    try mo kaya sa kalikot sa evangelista, makati. nagpa-allign ako don ng galant ko, 1 year and 7 months ago, hangang ngayon, ok pa.

ewan lang kung kaya na nila ang fiesta. ano ba yan, que bago2X pa lang ng unit mo may problema na, and the casa can't fix it ba?
    casa can fix it for sure pero mahal. if its not that important then ill wait for my PMS. kung steering wheel centering lang then it can wait.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    went to servitek... wala pa sila specs to align the fiesta. hassle. hintay na lang siguro 6 month pms... which will be in 3 months pa.
    Sayang naman, kahit walang specs kasi basta may laser guidance ma-align agad yan. 6 months kasi is too long IMO. Baka malaki na negatibong epekto niyan sa gulong at ibang suspension parts.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    i have a ford fiesta... 2.5k km odo.

if the steering wheel is straight... may konting kabig to the left. to go straight... the steering should be about 3-4 degrees to the right.

alignment problem ba to? baka nalubak.

tire pressure is ok. didnt modify anything. stock mags/tires and all. di daw kasama sa warranty alignment and theres a 900 consultation fee (?) sa casa. so im thinking of bringing it sa goodyear servitek.

any ideas?
    I don't think alignment yan sir. Mashado maaga for it. Try rotating the wheels. :D pag palitin mo lang yung left and right front tyre. pag may kabig pa rin, try rotating the rear and front tyres.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Any update on this Boss? My cousin's fiesta is experiencing the same issue. He asked me to test it and I have to constantly hold on the steering while driving kasi may slight "kabig" on the left... Di kaya factory defect siya?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    ts...free lang yan sa dealership mo for alignment..ibalik mo na agad yan at para mapa ayos na baka un iba pa ang masira like suspension and alike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
alignment problem on new car