New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    My x5 drives better
    really, you compare an x5 to a forester?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fortallmighty View Post
    im curious with the Mazda so i requested to drive my brother in law's 2014 CX-5 skyactiv all the way to Tagaytay Highlands and back, went home at night na going down to Nuvali with minimal traffic... ride is smooth and soft better than the Rav4... but it is way behind the Subaru's on twisty corners, push the pedal for power on straight line accelaration.. still incomparable with the XT, the Subaru is more of a pocket rocket, the Mazda is just a normal SUV with adequate power and cushy ride..was bored actually.. enough said. ( my brother in law was driving my XT.. and he wont give me my keys back )
    The XT is indeed a powerhouse in comparison, but the CX5 has better wheel control over bumpy roads, better rebound control and feels less tippy when you're pushing hard, despite having modest body roll.

The XT feels a bit unwieldy and not very stable, despite the stiffer set-up. It's a crapload better than the CR-V or RAV4, mind and it has lots of grip, but it's not as involving when you're playing fast and loose.

To make a long story short... you can tease the CX-5 into oversteer with a Scandinavian flick if you really try. The XT never really tempts you to go that far.

But the CX5 is nowhere near as fulfilling in terms of raw speed, admittedly.
    Last edited by niky; November 16th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Question, do kids with their rice rockets make eye contact? On the stoplight even theres a traffic jam...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by fortallmighty View Post
    Owned both STi and FXT, Handling is the answer to this thread.. period.. ( beg to disagree with previous poster re Mazda 3, CX5, Escape and focus...) cant compare oranges and apples... due to low center of gravity of boxer engine - makes you feel more confident on corners and quick turns.

Anyone knows subaru agent/dealer na hindi sugapa or transparent sa transactions. :-)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lancearby View Post
    Anyone knows subaru agent/dealer na hindi sugapa or transparent sa transactions. :-)
    You might want to try my agent at Subaru BGC. His name is Marvin.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Planning to buy a car, one of our choices is subaru XV. About maintenance, parts availability and pms cost?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcunom View Post
    Planning to buy a car, one of our choices is subaru XV. About maintenance, parts availability and pms cost?

2015 Subaru XV

ere......kuya

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    2015 Subaru XV

ere......kuya
    Wahaha.. thanks po..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Why SUBARU?

pag napa-SUBo sa parts, ARUy!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Engot naman ang troll

Suspension or brake parts for example will be priced differently from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why Subaru?