New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    marami na subaru on the roads maybe wrong timing lang ata mga labas nyo

1.7m for the impreza is NOT expensive its the same as its selling price in the states na almost 30k plus isipin nyo nalng na dati benta ng gm autoworld halos ganyan din for the impreza bug eye so hindi man lang tumaas yung price nya for 4 years

the model that you saw is not the STI version kaya hindi naka brembo etc but they are selling the STI version for 2.3m thats ths 320hp version

sulit naman subaru e ... kailngan lang talga maexperince ng mga tao on owning one plus their prices are very competitive especialy the forester turbo and impreza
    30K price range here in the US is already the STI. The Impreza is in the low 20's and the WRX in the mid to high 20's depending on the version.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    30K price range here in the US is already the STI. The Impreza is in the low 20's and the WRX in the mid to high 20's depending on the version.
    They pay more for cars in the Philippines which makes me wonder why.

But, just driving the Impreza wagon rental here sold me on AWD for cars. It's great on snow. It's great on nice big puddles of water as well. We had some nasty rains here yesterday which melted all the snow and left standing water that would've made many FWD cars slide around. That little Subbie tore right through with no problem.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    seryoso? 2.250 m lang sa kanila yon? so better buy thean the evo? rs pa lang ng evo e 2.4 na... o bili na tayo ng sti! lol

yup if you ordered 6 mos. ago. plus 1 year warranty for 2nd batch daw mas mahal na

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Forester is selling quite well if you ask the dealer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Alam ko yung 276HP na Impreza WRX Euro spec ang binebenta ng Motorimage dito kaya nasa 2.3M lang hindi 320 o 300Hp na sinasabi nyo...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Forester is selling quite well if you ask the dealer.
    Actually, according to Subaru, they're all selling quite well.

The thing to remember is, they got into this knowing full well they wouldn't sell as many in a month as, say, Nissan or Mazda... so they keep the imported volumes low. This ensures they can sell their quota.

Subaru is always going to be a niche player... that's why they aren't pushing for heavy expansion. It's nice to know that they're doing well, that means that owning one in the future with a local warranty and service is a possibility.
    Last edited by niky; December 28th, 2006 at 01:19 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Reliability & Safety is the main reason i bought a Subie.. though i don't need an AWD vehicle here in FL..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    We know Subaru is a good brand, but I don't see many on the road.

Mahina yata ang benta, even with all the good reviews. What's your opinion?

Forester, Legacy, Outback, Impreza?
    The dealership/distributor is new to the country. They also have very limited dealerships and service centers (is it still just one?).
    But lately, ive been seeing more of the new facelifted Foresters, most of them happen to be the Turbo version.
    Last edited by AG4; December 29th, 2006 at 12:55 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Alam ko yung 276HP na Impreza WRX Euro spec ang binebenta ng Motorimage dito kaya nasa 2.3M lang hindi 320 o 300Hp na sinasabi nyo...
    kung euro spec mas malakas pa dapat yun sa alam ko.... but the one they are releasing is the 2.5 engine whichi is the 300 or 320hp the other sti is the jdm version or euro which is the 300hp 2.0 engine ... tumaas na hp ng new look subaru compared sa before look nya

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me, they are very much still in the game. Their ad campaigns are effectively reaching it's target market, which is a select few to be honest.

The select few comes from the more sensible buyers who choose function over form, safety as one of the first considerations. Buyers who are well informed and have been able to grasp the very core of owning a Subaru.

Let's face it, their line-up ain't exactly the prettiest of the lot

The forester's "retro" countours, low rake front barely appeals to most and will be quickly substituted for a CRV or Santa Fe. The new Impreza looks a bit too close to the current Chevy Optra and would become hands down for the latter if it came in the same shade of blue .

Subie prices are very good considering all that tech and performance stuffed in.

I guess to some it's just an acquired taste

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subaru? Is it selling well locally?