New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi guys, which one is a better buy?

Considering both will be bought brand new but the Legacy is due for a major model replacement. I'm looking for a daily driver. Which would you choose?

The Accord is new and elegant. The Legacy is older but superior in performance.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    250k disc on the legacy..

But id still get the accord..because its new. The 3.5 liter aint a slouch either.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Legacy sedan? I checked last march for my aunt wala na daw wagon kahit saan dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you can wait,new legacy will be out 4Q or early next year accdg to Subaru Alabang.

Otherwise,the accord is a good car as well

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the reply guys. Both cars are priced almost the same thanks to the Legacy's discount.

The Accord is new, very comfortable, and fuel efficient based on reviews I've read. It's quite elegant but the local 2.4S variant lacks a sun roof, cruise control, and Bluetooth hands free mobile phone connection - the last two are a must in this car segment in my opinion.

The Legacy is a proven performer and still has a great engine. It has a long list of features and comes with a mature but sporty image. Downside is it may be replaced soon or perhaps be fitted with a 2.0 DIT engine.

Given that they are priced almost the same, which would you choose?

Subaru Legacy 2.5GT or new Honda Accord 2.4S?