New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yup.. heheh.. cant wait mabuo na cash ko for my fxt..hehe..kinontrata ko na utol ko.. jimny nya at (future) fxt ko sa pinatubo din hehehe..

diba 215mm ang ground clearance for the 2.0x and 225mm for the fxt... is it really true na kasing-taas ng ground clearance ng fxt wih "stock" SUVs in real life, not just in paper, ha?

sayang lang walang paddle shifters ang fxt..mas masaya sana meron nun(the reason why nagustuhan ko ang legacy outback--may paddle shifters)

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Nope, no scrape. I've never scraped anywhere either. Iba naman ang ride height sa vehicle clearance eh. Ride height refers to the seat position of the driver which is relatively low for the Forester. Clearance yung space sa ilalim which is pretty high for the foz -- higher than gen 2 crv in fact. Basically, it's like a midget but with really long legs.
    Well explained sir there are still a bunch out there who don't know the basic difference between the two.

Great pics! What an adventure!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    putsa nakaka-inspire to ah, dadalhin ko din 1st gen all-time 4WD CRV ko

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QX648_gnZg"]YouTube - Fifth Gear - Landrover Freelander 2 VS Subaru For[/ame]

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    yup.. heheh.. cant wait mabuo na cash ko for my fxt..hehe..kinontrata ko na utol ko.. jimny nya at (future) fxt ko sa pinatubo din hehehe..

diba 215mm ang ground clearance for the 2.0x and 225mm for the fxt... is it really true na kasing-taas ng ground clearance ng fxt wih "stock" SUVs in real life, not just in paper, ha?

sayang lang walang paddle shifters ang fxt..mas masaya sana meron nun(the reason why nagustuhan ko ang legacy outback--may paddle shifters)
    AY magkano SRP?

srp ng aling?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    now that's something na sigurado akong di kaya ng rav, cr-v, outlander, etcetc.... love it man. love it. kakainspire. grabe.

*inside001- In Fifth Gear's case, they were comparing it to the Land Rover Freelander. LAND ROVER, for crying out loud, was purpose-built for off-roading, and the Fozzie wasn't. The Fozzie is more of a balance and not for serious hardcore off-roaders.

Also, they were biased because the LR was their 'favorite' to begin with. I watched the video several times over. They seemed very biased about that. The LR scraped also, but because of the more luxurious level of NVH, di lang niya napansin.

The Fozzie is a pretty capable vehicle in its own right, and the LR is out of its competition-- sa price point pa lang. the LR goes against the GLK and the X3, not the Forester, rav4, cr-v, vitara, etc.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    fellas, i hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but looking at the pictures, i'm pretty sure any 4WD vehicle can go there.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    fellas, i hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but looking at the pictures, i'm pretty sure any 4WD vehicle can go there.
    AYOKO MAGING HEATED DEBATE ITO!!

you got a point dude. But thinking about it.... No one in his right mind would go out for photoshoots while the car is making its way through the lahar. Cuz then the car would have to stop... then it'd have to be pulled out... dagdag labor.... baka magasgas pa yung Scooby. :cry:

AND..... just noticing.... Bakit siya lang yung passenger car? If more SUV owners could have their toys go through the muck, I'm sure there would be more Hondas and Toyotas around. Eh kaso yung Scooby lang yung passenger car... kaya it means na mapanganib yung trail for a normal street car like the Fozzie.

Just noticed. Either of us could be right.... or both....

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Great shots. The terrain might not be hard-core, but that doesn't discount the fact that its still a legit off-the-beaten track trail. I would agree that a number of the current CUVs can do the trail (although probably not as comfortably as a forester), they just don't give the driver a lot of confidence that it can. And that's why they stay on the street while this scooby plows through the lahar. Kudos to the driver. It takes a great car to this, and takes greater balls to actually do it. Especially to a new car.

I'm biased though. I own a FXT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Stock Forester 2.0X Goes to Pinatubo!