New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I just wanted to be first to post it kahit di ako yung nagpunta kasi ang ganda ng pics. Here's the link, fire away:

http://subaruclub.ph/forum/index.php?topic=4196.0

Err, sorry. You have to register pala. Di bale, kung gusto niyo talaga makita the nice pics you will.
    Last edited by pup2; March 9th, 2009 at 11:56 PM.

for the members na di makita here it is:

I drove my Forester 2.0x to Mt. Pinatubo last Feb21. The local 4x4 drivers at Sta. Juliana didn't believe we could make it but boy did the Forester prove them wrong. Not only was the Forester lower than all the 4x4s going to Mt. Pinatubo - it also had 6 adult passengers riding it (4 of us friends plus 2 guides) and a full load of cargo at the back.

Overall, the terrain (via skyway) was no challenge for the Forester. We drove over 100km/h at times and sped through bumpy roads and river crossings at an average of 60-80km/h. And unlike the others who went through crow valley that day, we got to the trek jump-off point with all the comforts that a Subaru and an air-conditioned ride can offer. (My Forester was the only private vehicle that braved the lahar roads that day)

Here are some pictures...

continuing:

by kenngo of subaru club.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; March 10th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.

adding up-

some more -

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    FOZZIE FTMFW!! hehehe!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nice 'ZRV' plates though :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Did the driver get by without scrapping the underside of the Forester? Ride height (along with the gas engine and automatic transmission) was one of the complaints of FIFTH GEAR when they tested this. Basically in their test, the Forester was more prone to scrapping.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinatubo via the skyway is not that hard. But I still admire the Subie driver for being brave enough to take on the terrain.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nope, no scrape. I've never scraped anywhere either. Iba naman ang ride height sa vehicle clearance eh. Ride height refers to the seat position of the driver which is relatively low for the Forester. Clearance yung space sa ilalim which is pretty high for the foz -- higher than gen 2 crv in fact. Basically, it's like a midget but with really long legs.

Yung sa AT, I think they're just pissed na wala pa ding 5th gear. Personally, I prefer less gears -- makes for sportier driving. Same din yata about the car being gas-powered. The end result though is still a decent 7-8 kms/lit mixed city/hiway driving -- if they want better pa, then they'll forgo performance naman.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but someone told me our tranny is made by Prodrive unlike US trannies. I don't know if this is relevant to UK trannys though.

*Doc Otep ... Yes, the terrain is STILL wet lahar -- (I suppose the challenge is in not getting stuck). Matapang? at 60-80 kph? Heck yeah! Kung nabasa lang rad nun puwede yun mag crack di ba?

*Alwayz ... salamat ha. Di ako marunong maglagay ng pic pa din eh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Stock Forester 2.0X Goes to Pinatubo!