New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    AFAIK po, it will be a Toyota car, just using Subaru engine and (we hope) design. Kung ganun nga, it's a good deal for Suby.
    I don't think so bro...I think Subaru and Toyota will each sell their own version of this commonly developed car.

How it will fit in Subaru's AWD car lineup is tricky, but Subaru already sells FF cars in Japan (the R1 and R2 k-cars) so it's not such a big deal I guess.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    change is good and i like it

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I don't think so bro...I think Subaru and Toyota will each sell their own version of this commonly developed car.

How it will fit in Subaru's AWD car lineup is tricky, but Subaru already sells FF cars in Japan (the R1 and R2 k-cars) so it's not such a big deal I guess.

Does FF mean front wheel? yep, no biggie nga. Panalo pa din sila sa utilization ng plants, which was my main point.

Don't know how big a seller it'll be for them anyway since andyan naman yung Impreza. Maybe that's why they're not selling the Impreza sedan in asian and euro markets?

just hope some of their angst rubs off on Toyota rather than the other way around!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    feel ko subaru magbebenta nyan dito. They shaved off the impreza to 1 million , so can they shave the price off this car :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Does FF mean front wheel? yep, no biggie nga. Panalo pa din sila sa utilization ng plants, which was my main point.

Don't know how big a seller it'll be for them anyway since andyan naman yung Impreza. Maybe that's why they're not selling the Impreza sedan in asian and euro markets?
    FF = front-engine, front-wheel-drive

There just may be a market for this car as a Subaru. The three facelift versions of GDB Impreza STis were notable for that trick center differential that could manually vary the torque split between front and back wheels. After road-testing them, a number of car magazines found the prospect of a sideways Subaru "M3" rather appealing

No points for guessing to which axle they sent the torque to, hehehe

We'll see. This will be interesting at the very least...and if it helps Subaru/FHI grow as a carmaker then it's all good

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It can be known as a Subayota or a Toyobaru! hahaha. Pero sa FXT ko, no complaints whatsover sa speed, performance, drivetrain, whatever -- if anything, sa interior siya puwede iimprove. I wouldn't want THAT to be RWD.

Di ko pa nata try mag sideways though. Maybe sa tagulan?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

my almighty! very nice looking coupe!
    i think this will wear the subaru badge for sure. and it will help the subaru grow healthier as a company. toyota owns a small percentage of subaru but their excellent marketing strategies will give them a lot of positive outcomes.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Keep in mind, those images aren't final by any means

We'll have to see if Subaru finally improves on its vehicle design with this coupe. Personally I'd love to see your ordinary Juan or Joe gawp with genuine longing for the beauty of a well-designed Subaru, not just car enthusiasts who know the company's WRC heritage.

This really, really might be that genuinely beautiful car Subaru needs. :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    you're right. a rally car is far more different from the everyday transporter that we practically need all day. and yes, theres always something lacking in subarus past designs. this should be the right time.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    On Toyota's share in Subaru, please note the following:
    Toyota to double stake in Subaru parent, Fuji Heavy

2 04 2008 Filed under: Subaru, Toyota
    Emerging reports indicate that [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Toyota[/COLOR][/COLOR] is preparing to nearly double its stake in Subaru’s parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries. Toyota initially bought into Fuji when that other [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]automotive[/COLOR][/COLOR] giant, General Motors, sold its 8.7% stake to its Japanese rival. The new share-grab, the door to which was opened by revised Japanese laws, would bring Toyota’s partial ownership of Fuji up to 17%, just short of double its current stake.
    Since Toyota’s buy-in of Fuji, cooperation between the two companies has only increased, ranging from new product development to manufacturing. Insiders predict that with the increased stake will come even more integrated collaboration between the two Japanese automakers, which, considering Toyota’s enormous success worldwide, can only mean good things for Subaru’s operations.
    Meanwhile, it’s worth noting that with Toyota reportedly considering following Honda into the sky, Fuji’s other core business in aerospace could prove an invaluable asset.
    [Source: Indianapolis Business Journal via Straightline]

I just hope Subaru retains its identity, reliability, and SPEED/handling. It actually makes me happy for Subaru but sad for me. I don't know why ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
NEWS: Subaru, Toyota to co-develop RWD Impreza-based coupe!