New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hello 2014's owner,
    Can you please share naman po yung experience niyo sa 2014 Forester particularly sana yung 2.0iL variant or yung XT na rin. Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not reading through the 2014 Forester thread?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'm very very satisfied with the 2014 XT. If you've watched the video reviews on Youtube and read the reviews on car magazines and blogs these mostly reflect my glowing experience.

What I had to get used to was the CVT. Unlike the previous generation XT's automatic there is no turbo power bump. The CVT delivers a very smooth power curve. You'd mistake this as NA if it werent for the fact that power comes in at a lower RPM.

My sole complaint is the double DIN HU. The audio quality is the best stock radio I've experienced but it isn't smartphone-centric. Good thing it has a USB, AUX and Bluetooth unlike the previous gen XT.

BTW Akala ko ba you're going with the Fortuner?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I had my 2.0il since Monday. To be very honest here are my comments. Since I learned you're leaning with the Fortuner. Here's a direct comparison

1. Ride is far better with our 2009 Fortuner.
    2. Acceleration is brisk. Power is delivered even with a mild touch on the pedal.
    3. Space is generous. Wife hardly complains of bumping elbows with the kids. But then of course we could no longer bring extra passengers.
    4. Driving view is good. Vehicle height is adequate. But of course it's no match with the flood flowing capability of a Fortuner, especially now the
    rainy days are here again.
    5. Cons of course will be the FC. Average will be 7-8km/L on light to moderate traffic. During heavy expect 5-6Km/L.
    6. Insulation is good. You can hardly hear the sounds from the outside.
    7. Never experience PMS though. But based on the leaflets I had, I'm expecting 7-8K on a regular basis. It's almost the same case with our Fortuner.
    8. Aircon is adequate. But will always would like a separate vent for the rear passengers ala CR-V.
    9. Steering is responsive compared with our Fortuner.
    10. Will do a long drive today Manila to Bicol. Will post additional findings Monday.

So here are my two cents: if you like FASTer, compliant ride and AWD safety. Go forester. But if you are leaning to fuel savings, cheaper PMS, extra passengers. Go Fortuner or Montero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    Hello 2014's owner,
    Can you please share naman po yung experience niyo sa 2014 Forester particularly sana yung 2.0iL variant or yung XT na rin. Thanks po.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by armanjr View Post
    I had my 2.0il since Monday. To be very honest here are my comments. Since I learned you're leaning with the Fortuner. Here's a direct comparison

2. Acceleration is brisk. Power is delivered even with a mild touch on the pedal.
    3. Space is generous. Wife hardly complains of bumping elbows with the kids. But then of course we could no longer bring extra passengers.
    4. Driving view is good. Vehicle height is adequate. But of course it's no match with the flood flowing capability of a Fortuner, especially now the
    5. Cons of course will be the FC. Average will be 7-8km/L on light to moderate traffic. During heavy expect 5-6Km/L.
    7. Never experience PMS though. But based on the leaflets I had, I'm expecting 7-8K on a regular basis. It's almost the same case with our Fortuner.
    8. Aircon is adequate. But will always would like a separate vent for the rear passengers ala CR-V.
    10. Will do a long drive today Manila to Bicol. Will post additional findings Monday.

So here are my two cents: if you like FASTer, compliant ride and AWD safety. Go forester. But if you are leaning to fuel savings, cheaper PMS, extra passengers. Go Fortuner or Montero.
    *Thanks a bunch for sharing, my SA called me this morning to test drive the XT so I have an appointment with them at 1pm tom, wish ko sana yung 2.0iL variant ma-test so I guess yung ride comfort lang ang mapi-feel ko but like what you said acceleration is a brisk and since am not really into speed kaya ok lang. Confident na ako to buy the Subie, ang problem yung kulay na gusto ko is limited dark gray or white so once na satisfied ako sa test I'll deposit reservation na. Thank you all...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dexlab View Post
    why not reading through the 2014 Forester thread?
    I've read the thread kaso nga lang puro XT, well at least meron na nag share sa 2.0iL variant.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by armanjr View Post

Bro Arman, how much did your insurance for the Subaru with AOG cost?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for visiting our showroom, Sir Kevz. Any concern po, you can text, call or PM me and we will be happy to assist you po.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NdoymaN View Post
    Thanks for visiting our showroom, Sir Kevz. Any concern po, you can text, call or PM me and we will be happy to assist you po.
    Thanks...happy with the test drive. I'll decide next week if Subie kukunin ko....for now 90%.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    Thanks...happy with the test drive. I'll decide next week if Subie kukunin ko....for now 90%.
    Sige po Sir no problem. Maraming salamat po ulit.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast