New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yeah it does look like a Mazda 3 it just kicked-in Yo!

Subys have always been not that good in the looks department. Their styling is an acquired taste and takes some time to grow on you. Even the Impreza Sedan's front end has morphed into looking very much like a Chevy Optra.

But in the performance aspect, my oh my, puts a big grin on your face

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Finally, a worthy competitor to the Camry.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Yeah it does look like a Mazda 3 it just kicked-in Yo!

Subys have always been not that good in the looks department. Their styling is an acquired taste and takes some time to grow on you. Even the Impreza Sedan's front end has morphed into looking very much like a Chevy Optra.

But in the performance aspect, my oh my, puts a big grin on your face
    If the current crop of executive sedans in the Phils were to play James Bond...

... the Camry would be Roger Moore
    ... the Accord would be Sean Connery
    ... the Mazda6 would be Pierce Brosnan
    ... the 2010 Legacy would be Daniel Craig

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think its now time for Mazda to bring a Mazdaspeed6.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I think its now time for Mazda to bring a Mazdaspeed6.
    If only one existed.
    Last I heard they have no plans for a Mazdaspeed version of the new 6/Atenza.

The original AWD turbocharged Mazdaspeed 6 (aka Mazdaspeed Atenza, 6 MPS) was discontinued with the last gen 6/Atenza.
    Last edited by AG4; October 17th, 2009 at 01:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I went to the Subaru showroom this afternoon to see the new Legacy in the flesh and I'm very impressed with it. All I can say is WOW!!!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    I'm not feeling the styling of the Legacy. I prefer the outgoing model's looks...
    IMO, its the outgoing Outback's that i like better. the New Legacy seems to be ok... more thoughts about it when i see it in real.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Old Outback was ok except that rear seat leg room was really tight...even a Civic has much bigger leg room.

But new Legacy looks promising! Hope to see actual one soon.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i hope the sedan does look better in person. if it does, then i'm out for a headache in choosing this or the genesis coupe. nothing immediate, i HOPE to do the purchase second quarter of next year.

for the same price range, the difference in specs don't vary as much. this is meant to be my alternative car, on days when you just need that driving pleasure lacking of an SUV. the outgoing legacy was one of my choices, along with the mazda6. but the wife prevailed arguing that she drives an e28 already, hence the SUV. but now i'm just as more determined to get myself a toy for a haven't grown up boy haha.

anyone care to indulge with me on this? to those who are in the better know, the new legacy or the genesis coupe?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just had the opportunity to test drive both the Subaru Legacy 2.5T GT sedan and wagon.

For people of my "frame", the Legacy would seat four in good comfort. Head room is great especially for the rear seat in the wagon. Leg room for both front and rear are spacious, even better than the new Benz E-class (which I also got to drive). With a small driver up front, there is literally enough room for a lapdance at the back seat.

The dashboard is well thought out in how the buttons and screens are placed. In fact it is much better than some more expensive luxury cars I have driven. Everything seems to be well organized in what it does from the radio/CD player to the climate control to the controls placed on the steering wheel. (Cruise control, radio, paddle shifts on the wheel).

Driving the new Legacy, the car feels firm but not stiff on it's suspension. The wagon feels slightly more softer (and comfy) to drive probably because of the higher curb weight. Rolling on 18 inch wheels of the demo car, you don't feel the roughness of the road but you still get enough feedback through the steering wheel to know what the car is doing.

Flooring the gas pedal while the car is in [S] mode, acceleration is smooth. Flicking the selector knob to choose [S]# mode, acceleration is much more pronounced and getting to 100 kph is also quicker. In this mode, you can also now use the paddle shifts to either down or up shift. The "gear" display in the middle of the dashboard also displays arrow "hints" if you can up or down shift based on the current engine rpm & car speed.

The car give the driver a feel of confidence even after a short drive, enough to make you want to flick the steering wheel in a vain attempt for a power slide. Unfortunately city roads isn't the place for such antics nor sane city driving speeds are ample to get the wheels to slide (yes I tried, hehe).

Overall, the Legacy is a great car as a executive sedan. A good match against the more expensive BMW 5 series in terms of performance and luxury. And the good thing is, the new Subaru Legacy is much more affordable at P2M and P2.1M for the sedan and wagon versions. My personal choice would be the wagon.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Motor Image Pilipinas to unveil new Subaru Legacy, Outback