New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tama ka dale.

If only Subaru could release a M/T variant for it's sedan version. Para na rin siguro sa mga tao who prefers the sedan version of the Impreza and only prefers the manual transmission.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    next gen of impreza STi

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jobs View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far. BTW, hanggang 2.0 liter lang ang budget just in anyone is wondering. Do I assume right that there is no significant performance differences between the two? Thanks again.

yes there will be, very little though. you also won't notice it unless you push the car really hard, it will be a lot easier to turn the hatch than the sedan on tight corners. that's why they changed the sti to be a hatch in the first place, to compete in the wrc.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The AT version is really sluggish, even compared to other 4AT compacts like the Focus and the Corolla, but the MT is class-competitive. That said, the 4AT in the sedan is supposedly better programmed than the one in the hatch, unless they've updated the software in the hatch, too. This one is try-before-you-buy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think there are subtle differences in the Hatch vs the Sedan
    ie. Sedan has no switch for turning off VDC (if its existing, not sure), while Hatch has
    One of them has 6 airbags, the other has 2 only. Forgot w/c one.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    I think there are subtle differences in the Hatch vs the Sedan
    ie. Sedan has no switch for turning off VDC (if its existing, not sure), while Hatch has
    One of them has 6 airbags, the other has 2 only. Forgot w/c one.

all subaru's are equiped with 6 airbags fyi.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Cool, yun akin kasi 2 airbags lng. They removed the VDCS button though, so I don't know if its gone, or u just can't switch it off.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I felt the sedan was more age-appropriate for me and my wife but the rear spoiler an attention-getter. We liked the added flexibility of the hatchback for cargo and we were leaning towards it. Sadly, medyo nag-iiba ang ihip ng hangin. Some issues came up and another vehicle came into play. Montero Sport, medyo malayo but other considerations came up. Biggest of which is that we might have to get rid of a Fortuner. I'll update the thread for those who are interested. Salamat ulit!

P.S.
    What's VDCS?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I felt the sedan was more age-appropriate for me and my wife but the rear spoiler an attention-getter. We liked the added flexibility of the hatchback for cargo and we were leaning towards it. Sadly, medyo nag-iiba ang ihip ng hangin. Some issues came up and another vehicle came into play. Montero Sport, medyo malayo but other considerations came up. Biggest of which is that we might have to get rid of a Fortuner. I'll update the thread for those who are interested. Salamat ulit!

P.S.
    What's VDCS?

vdc is traction control that senses vehicle direction and uses brakes, throttle and engine management to help maintain stability. basically when the wheels are spinning without traction or the vehicle is not going in to the direction it is being steered that's when the vdc system starts to work.

* istan what year and model is your subaru?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005

P.S.
    What's VDCS?

sayang...hope you consider subaru for your future car... both sedan and hatch are great cars... ive had the opportunity to own 2 my old one was a 04 sti and the last was a 08 sti hatch ... in my experience the sedan had the more aggressive set up stock to stock while the hatch you need to set it up (suspension) to get the rally car feel. especially on tight corners the hatch has more body roll reason for this the higher center of gravity. both cars are sold now so im back to the sedan...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Impreza - Sedan(4D) or Hatchback(5D)