New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have always wanter a car with sports car like performance and this year, I finally took the plunge. I was looking at different brand of cars and I finally settled down with an STI because I believe that its price is very good compared to its performance. I requested Motor Image Philippines to replace the rear wing spoilers with more subdued spoilers of the WRX and they happily obliged. I was not charge extra for it. I felt that the wing spoilers was too "bagets" for my age( early forties). I got my car last week and I immediately notice the power difference of the STi. The ride was stiff so I check the air pressure and viola it was way above the recommended tire pressure of about 32psi. In fact it was almost at 50psi for all the 4 tires. Maybe they do this before shipping the car from japan just in case it gets stored for a long time. When I adjusted the tire pressure to factory recommended 32 psi and the ride was better. I have noticed that when I drive at higher speeds, the ride becomes much better. In fact I like the ride at speeds higher than 30kph. I also like the feel of the handling. You can really feel the road. I already like the feel of my rav4. the sti has better road feel.
    I had the chance to see the power of the sti when I overtook a 7 truck convoy going up to antipolo. It happened too fast that I was amazed at its acceleration. For those who regularly drive to antipolo following a convoy of slow trucks, you would probably feel the frustration of not being able to overtake. The Sti was fast.
    Last sunday noontime, I invited a friend and brought the sti to Nlex. Traffic was very light and I overtook a BMW 325i while running at about 130kph. I waited for it and he took the bait. He overtook me again running at about 150kph. I followed him until our speed reach 215kph. When it was clear that he was no longer going or unable to increase his speed, I overtook him again and finally reach a speed of about 240kph. I have never driven faster that 170kph before. This is my speed record and you know what, the car was more stable at 240kph than my rav4 at 170kph. In fact, I was more confident controlling the sti at 240kph than my rav4 at 170kph.
    Compared to a regular imprezza, the sti lacks some of the features I wish was included but was not included. Considering that it is priced P600K more. One is the moonroof. I wish it has a moonroof. The Foglights is also not standard. It only comes as an option. Well you can't have them all.
    Although people say, that it is impractical to have a very fast car in MMLa, I think the STi will be very usefull when you overtake in the highway. For those trying to overtake when going to Baguio or Vigan would know what I mean. Sometimes it gets very frustrating when you are following a convoy of trucks and you can't overtake because you vehicle lacks the power.
    In general I was very happy of my choice. The interior has very good feel of luxury. I was glad, the seats was not made of leather, as I find leather seats easy to slide. Aircon was very very cold and stereo sounds was more than adequate.
    I think the STi is a very good value for the money. In holland, I saw them selling the STi with "subdued" spoilers and silver instead of gold wheels for US$52K. And a limited edition STi in the US again with "subdued" spoliers and moonroof goes for much higher than in the Philippines. I am almost sure the price of the STi here will go higher after multi image completed its introductory offer. Warranttee is only 1 year at 20000Kms. unlike the forrester xt and the WRX which are both 3 years and 60000kms. Well again something that you have to pay for performance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Additional pictures of the STi

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Congrats on your purchase! Hataw na!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    more Additional pictures

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    waaaaa! i want one! :sigh: nice thinking on the rear spoiler sir! dapat nibigyan ka nila ng discount pa. hehehe!! i find it din a little too rice rockety with that huge spoiler (im not a big fan of rear cariton handle like spoiler) i like your better! congrats on the new toy! :D im sure youre loving it!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow cool! congratulations!

There's no question that on open roads it is one hell of a performer, I just want to suggest, why not use it as a daily driver for, let's say three or a couple of weeks, and try to pass thru severe traffic of manila everyday and let us know how it is as a daily driver.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The reverse ring is a wise feature.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the drive...Be ready for some noticable understeer and slight turbo lag..Overall it's a ***y car :clap:

It doesn't have an alarm? That's unusual.. Most Subies have OEM alarms installed with the remote especially the STI.

AWD > FWD
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; May 1st, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    congrats! pero owner ka na, dapat tama na spelling mo...it's impreza.

JK, just giving you a hard time...jealous kasi ako eh. enjoy!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    just to correct another thing sir its motor image hindi po multi image..
    and just another piece of advice specially in nlex not because you have a powerful car means you need to bait or intimidate others to race you and reach far more than 150kph, your putting yourself and others in harms way

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
First Drive: Subaru Impreza WRX STi