New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I was surprised when the Subaru C5 Pasig service department lead offered me a 2-year extension warranty of my car as my car's warranty will end in 10/2002. I was expecting it to be the normal 5 years warranty as stated in the manual. It looks like only cars bought from July 2019 and above have the 5-year warranty bundled.

With that said, is it wise to avail of the P28K 2-year/40000Km warranty extension from them? Does comprehensive insurance include anything that needs to be replaced on the car or is it only applicable for accidents?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I was surprised when the Subaru C5 Pasig service department lead offered me a 2-year extension warranty of my car as my car's warranty will end in 10/2002. I was expecting it to be the normal 5 years warranty as stated in the manual. It looks like only cars bought from July 2019 and above have the 5-year warranty bundled.

With that said, is it wise to avail of the P28K 2-year/40000Km warranty extension from them? Does comprehensive insurance include anything that needs to be replaced on the car or is it only applicable for accidents?
    Comprehensive insurance covers damages due to accident and theft only.

To add extending your warranty also requires you to still follow the prescribed PMS schedule at any Subaru dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

is that a subaru warranty, wherein you can drive your sub into any subaru dealership and claim warranty?
    or is that a dealer's warranty, wherein you may claim warranty only from that particular dealer?
    read carefully the details of the coverage. it may not cover as much as one may assume.
    pinag-aralan na siguro nila yan. their potential loss is overshadowed by their potential gain.

i think another brand offered extended warranty before.. (honda?).
    it was applicable only for their "newer cars", and did not include those whose regular warranty was about to expire.

as mentioned above, compre insurance covers only accidents, vandalism, theft, and acts of God (extra option). it may not cover car malfunction and wear and tear.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 23rd, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    That's what I thought about comprehensive insurance.

Based on their T&C, it is applicable for any branch of Motor Image. Here's what I have:

Microsoft services

Well, I'm a 100% sure they considered everything para kumita sila. They wouldn't offer it if they're at a loss. I'm just wondering if it's worth it on our side.

Would being free from the casa's scheduled PMS requirement be a relief? I'm not a car noob so I've to ask.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Based on their T&C, it is applicable for any branch of Motor Image. Here's what I have:

Microsoft services

Well, I'm a 100% sure they considered everything para kumita sila. They wouldn't offer it if they're at a loss. I'm just wondering if it's worth it on our side.

Would being free from the casa's scheduled PMS requirement be a relief? I'm not a car noob so I've to ask.

Kita talaga yan for them, mandatory to follow the PMS sched eh? Add mo pa some owners not mindful sa job order during PMS too many optionals being charged.

What are the odds you will be availing warranties? Not privy sa issues ng Subies

Sa Honda nag offer ng ganyan, pero exclusive lang sa Yuchengco owned dealers ka magpa PMS and claim nung extended warranty.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Dalhin mo na lang sa mga shops na marunong sa Subaru. Yung FXT ko, sa labas ko na PMS on its 3rd year.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Low mileage ka naman. Repair required for mechanical wear and tear wont happen in the next 3-5years.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Microsoft services

this is what my devious mind thinks:

they wouldn't offer it if you-the-costumer statistically stands to gain against their loss.
    they are offering it because they have studied the numbers and statistics, and the numbers are in their favor.
    disadvantages to the costumer include the added cost of must-do-PMS c/o them, and the premium.
    advantage to the costumer is the feeling that they've got your needs covered, should you need it.

would i bite, if i were me?
    probably not. i'd sooner post here my concerns and wait for the sage advice on what to do and where to bring it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    That's what I thought and which is why I posted in our community. I know you guys will know the wise thing to do.

I'm one of those owners that question things that get charged during a PMS but I can only question so much when they show me in person what "needs to be done". Just last week, I had my 30K PMS and they charged me these (attached). Are all those needed? I've been asking myself why you would always need to top up the wiper fluid every single time you do a PMS even though the bin is not yet empty.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    That's what I thought and which is why I posted in our community. I know you guys will know the wise thing to do.

I'm one of those owners that question things that get charged during a PMS but I can only question so much when they show me in person what "needs to be done". Just last week, I had my 30K PMS and they charged me these (attached). Are all those needed? I've been asking myself why you would always need to top up the wiper fluid every single time you do a PMS even though the bin is not yet empty.

top off your wiper fluid bottle at home, and then advise the SA, "my wiper fluid cannister is full. please do not touch it."

..what the corkage fee for?

if the brakes are not for servicing, i'd also request them not to touch the brakes.
    if they are scheduled for servicing, i'd request they not proceed with it. "next time na lang. wala sa budget, eh."

this is my toyota experience.
    i do not know, what your subaru martial law is.
    heh heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast