New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Looks like the warranty/recall/pms items are properly free, but they are adding on all sorts of miscellaneous services in order to charge for other consumables.

Corkage for oil ok, but plenty of other charges seem superfluous. Topping up your washer fluid with a mild soap solution seems to be sort of thing you can get for free at a gas station.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

Corkage for oil ok, but plenty of other charges seem superfluous..
    did he bring his own oil?
    oo nga, 'no!
    hindi ko na-puna...

i am wondering,
    if the oil you bring is not a special type of oil naman, does bringing in your own oil help you keep expenses down, what with the corkage fee?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 25th, 2020 at 07:02 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Yes, I brought my own oil (Zic x7 5w30). It brings the total expense down even with corkage fee of P50/liter (this has been Subaru's norm) because they use Motul which is significantly more expensive.

Ok. So no need for rapid windscreen cleaner and environmental brake cleaner/brake paste wurth. How about "gasket"? When do you need the servicing of the brakes? Of course, when I ask for the opinion of the service agent he said "importante yan Sir, kailangan natin gawin yan". I didn't believe him but I didn't have any basis for not pushing through either so I just went along with the charges. I could've said around P1K, sigh.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have my brakes cleaned every time I have an oil change with any of our rides. Labor cost is around 800 to 1200 for all 4 wheels depending on the shop. I just buy a brake cleaner. Tire rotation comes free also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12