New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Have you changed brake pads already? Check it if the front brake pads need replacement. If you need new pads, another popular Tsikot member can help you get Brembo brake pads. They are cheaper than the brand used on casas.

For brake fluid, DOT3 lang yung requirement ng Subaru. Just buy any DOT4 brake fluid. Pro99 ata yung brand na binili ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't done anything yet because I got busy at work. But having my car serviced is my no.1 priority now. I will have 2211 Works check the brake pads first if they need replacement but I'll have the brakes cleaned. I'll look for that Tsikot member who's selling the Brembo brake pads and might as well buy now regardless if I need my current pads replaced or not.

Thanks for the brake pad brand recommendation.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I haven't done anything yet because I got busy at work. But having my car serviced is my no.1 priority now. I will have 2211 Works check the brake pads first if they need replacement but I'll have the brakes cleaned. I'll look for that Tsikot member who's selling the Brembo brake pads and might as well buy now regardless if I need my current pads replaced or not.

Thanks for the brake pad brand recommendation.
    Good idea, have the brakes cleaned and check the pads. The rear pads last longer than the fronts so they may not need replacement.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Good idea, have the brakes cleaned and check the pads. The rear pads last longer than the fronts so they may not need replacement.

I just called 2211 Works and they mentioned that usually the gear oil is replaced every 60K and 120K km. I then checked the manual and the maintenance schedule says the same. The casa, however, told me that at 40K km the gear oil is replaced also. Is it safe to assume that the manual that comes with our car is not to be followed? I see some other things there that do not follow the casa's interval suggestions too so I'm just getting more confused

2211 also told me that the engine coolant is replaced every 20K Km and the manual says that the 1st replacement of engine coolant is after 120K Km. So not sure which one to follow.

And is Redline gear oil better than Mitasu? The Mitasu oil is relatively cheapper than Redline in Lazada.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I just called 2211 Works and they mentioned that usually the gear oil is replaced every 60K and 120K km. I then checked the manual and the maintenance schedule says the same. The casa, however, told me that at 40K km the gear oil is replaced also. Is it safe to assume that the manual that comes with our car is not to be followed? I see some other things there that do not follow the casa's interval suggestions too so I'm just getting more confused

2211 also told me that the engine coolant is replaced every 20K Km and the manual says that the 1st replacement of engine coolant is after 120K Km. So not sure which one to follow.

And is Redline gear oil better than Mitasu? The Mitasu oil is relatively cheapper than Redline in Lazada.
    coolant can go 120k kms po.. as for the gear oil, if your NOT doing heavy towing or off road runs where your drivetrain gets submerged in water, gear oil can go 120k kms..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Puwede mo naman replace kung gusto mo. Better isabay na yung CVTF at gear oil para mas madali.

Sa coolant naman, you can wait for 120k km but you can have it replaced earlier. Parang spark plugs din, 120k km daw scheduled change but you can have it changed earlier.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    coolant can go 120k kms po.. as for the gear oil, if your NOT doing heavy towing or off road runs where your drivetrain gets submerged in water, gear oil can go 120k kms..
    Puwede mo naman replace kung gusto mo. Better isabay na yung CVTF at gear oil para mas madali.

Sa coolant naman, you can wait for 120k km but you can have it replaced earlier. Parang spark plugs din, 120k km daw scheduled change but you can have it changed earlier.

My bad, the manual says that the 1st replacement for engine coolant is 220K Km. So I'm very far off from that. Spark plugs are at 105K Km. So yeah, I'll cross off those from my list for now.

For the gear oil, the manual says 60K and 120K Km but change it frequently if you do heavy towing (like yapoy mentioned above). Egan, when you say "mas madali" isabay yung CVTF and gear oil, are you saying para hindi na hassle na sa 60K Km ko pa ipapa change yung gear oil?

For CVTF, the manual says every 45K Km if you're driving under severe conditions (again, like towing a trailer). Since this is the tranny we're talking about, is the general consensus for Subaru cars to do CVTF replacement every 40K?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mas madali kung yung services can be done one time than having to go to a shop every other time. Less visits for some major work except for change oil.

Yes, general consensus yung 40k km cycle for CVTF change. Better be conservative than suffer the fate of a tranny malfunction. For now, CVTs need to be replaced as a whole unit if it’s broken unlike the traditional AT which can be rebuilt.

Last edited by Egan101; June 18th, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Sorry for the OT, re the coolant, don't know if Subaru also has a time interval replacement schedule based on the manual, but Honda does. Do you change it if you reach the recommended time but still far off the mileage recommendation? And why?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Sorry for the OT, re the coolant, don't know if Subaru also has a time interval replacement schedule based on the manual, but Honda does. Do you change it if you reach the recommended time but still far off the mileage recommendation? And why?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

I changed the coolant on my XT last year, around 48k actual mileage. It was 4 years into my ownership of the vehicle. As I have said, you can opt to change fluids prior to their expected change interval.

Parang oil din yan, you can change it in shorter periods. Nasa sa iyo lang yan. Mga 2k lang ginastos ko for the coolant change, kasama na labor dun. Mas mahal pa isang full tank of gas ng XT dyan.

By the way, I used Ravenol HJC FL22 coolant as it meets the Subaru requirements for their coolants.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mas madali kung yung services can be done one time than having to go to a shop every other time. Less visits for some major work except for change oil.

Yes, general consensus yung 40k km cycle for CVTF change. Better be conservative than suffer the fate of a tranny malfunction. For now, CVTs need to be replaced as a whole unit if it’s broken unlike the traditional AT which can be rebuilt.
    Distance-based pa rin CVTF? Coding and weekend car lang kasi tong XV and baba pa rin mileage.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast