New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    True. Worst that could happen is mixing different coolants that have varying properties would gel up causing the engine to overheat. Minor stuff.
    Why the need for sarcasm here? Aren't we all here to discuss and have a healthy conversation about things?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I changed my coolant right before I hit 60k km on the odometer. Wala naman issues and never ako nag overheat after over 12k km of use.

I also used Ravenol HJC FL22 on our ASX. Same thing - no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What coolant specs made the Ravenol HJC FL22 "meet" Subaru requirements?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    What coolant specs made the Ravenol HJC FL22 "meet" Subaru requirements?
    Says in the website its recommended as replacement for Subaru Coolant. Subaru Coolant was used in Subarus prior to 2009.

Around 2008 or 2009, Subaru released a new coolant called Subaru Super Coolant, not to be confused with the regular Subaru Coolant.

Subaru Super Coolant is color blue while the Subaru Coolant was green.

That's why I am hesitant to use a coolant that is recommended as replacement only for Subaru Coolant and not the Subaru Super Coolant.

However, some have mixed old Subaru coolant with the blue Subaru super Coolant and had no problems. Hopefully it would only probably affect the lifespan of the coolant itself and would cause no damage to the engine.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^ Tama naman to avoid mixing diff. coolants. Pero in this case, mukhang full flush and drain gagawin with only one type of coolant lang naman (10liters ba naman binili)

Anyways, anyone notice how this thread seems to be being dragged on & on? Ewan ko lang...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    ^^^ Tama naman to avoid mixing diff. coolants. Pero in this case, mukhang full flush and drain gagawin with only one type of coolant lang naman (10liters ba naman binili)

Anyways, anyone notice how this thread seems to be being dragged on & on? Ewan ko lang...
    Should I have created a new thread for my questions? Hindi ba mas magandang nasa isang thread lang lahat since this is the 2nd time I'm doing a non-casa PMS at 62K Km mileage? I didn't know there was a rule against keeping everything in a single thread but if it is better to keep things separate then I don't have any issues with creating a new one next time.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213