New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I've recently noticed that the aircon of my car is blowing hot air when stationary or when in traffic. It has no issues when the car is in motion. I remember I had the same issue with my family's Montero before so it looks like a common issue.

Who do I bring my car to?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bring it to any AC shop and have your fan check or you can check yourself if fanas is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Bring it to any AC shop and have your fan check or you can check yourself if fanas is working.

So car aircon systems don't really need any special handling and most auto mechanics can diagnose (and fix) the problem with ease?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    So car aircon systems don't really need any special handling and most auto mechanics can diagnose (and fix) the problem with ease?
    It's all the same, hinde mo pa din Napa check? You even check the fan yourself if it's working.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hindi pa din, super busy with other things since last week. Nagcocomplain na nga si wife, haha. I'm a super car noob and I need to check the manual muna kung san mismo yung ac fan. Last week, nag eyeball lang ako and saw two fans in front of the engine and gumagana naman sila. Not sure if one of those is the ac fan or not though.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Coolmate (Denso) at Vito Cruz extn. cor. Kakarong St. Makati near South Cemetery. But I think you need to set an appointment first before going. 8892-4931

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Coolmate (Denso) at Vito Cruz extn. cor. Kakarong St. Makati near South Cemetery. But I think you need to set an appointment first before going. 8892-4931
    Good prices?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Medyo malayo pero I had our XV's evaporator replaced by EEB Aire on Timog. You have to call ahead to ensure that parts are available though. Layo ng price diff compared to the quote from Denso BGC.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Medyo malayo pero I had our XV's evaporator replaced by EEB Aire on Timog. You have to call ahead to ensure that parts are available though. Layo ng price diff compared to the quote from Denso BGC.
    Timog is fine for me kung malaki naman price difference. Ano symptoms ng sirang evaporator?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Timog is fine for me kung malaki naman price difference. Ano symptoms ng sirang evaporator?
    Mahirap to pinpoint unless you caught the funny smell in the cabin before losing the cooling. Your compressor will not engage if the refrigerant pressure drops below a certain level due to a leak which could be as simple as a hose to as complicated as dashboard ripout to replace the evaporator.

If you're lucky then it's just a fan or two. Go get it tested first.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast