New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I dont want to be rude but, this is a high performance car, fuel efficiency is not a top priority for its buyers.
    sira ulo lang bibili ng sports car tapos mag rereklamo na malakas sa gas.:bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    WRX

WRX STi

Just curious, why did Subaru retain the "old" EJ25 on the flagship WRX STi while the WRX gets the new FA20 engine (same in the Forester XT) ?

I'm not so sure what kind of niche market is the WRX going to meet ? A sports sedan with CVT (no manual trans.), smaller wheels (less attractive to say the least), no SI-drive, etc. It looks (same external appearance as STi except wheels) and runs (FA engine) the part, but with certain parts and features (SI-drive, manual trans, etc..) culled off from the STi , the WRX is looking more like (forgive me for saying) a poser beside the STi.

Understandably this makes sense for Motor Image, since only hardcore racer or enthusiasts will be willing to fork out that much money for the STi. The rest who would like the appearance and speed of the STi, will settle for the more "affordable" WRX. (Answered my question, btw).

As for the STi, it has all the bells and whistles that really completes the package. But it seems that Subaru will eventually abandon the "old" EJ25 engine (and replace it with a higher output FA20 ???) once it receives a mid life facelift in two or three time.
    Last edited by number001; April 20th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mga tulad ko siguro ang niche ng wrx. Yung hindi na kaya ng lower back ang tagtag, mahina na ang tuhod at balakang for a manual. May evo 5 ako dati when i was on my 20's pero now pag iniisip ko hindi ko na kaya yung ganun. But it does not mean the love for performance is gone. Kung maraming pera siguro that can purchase an STi for the sole purpose of a weekend car why not pero hindi ako ganun. Marami ako nakikitang mga naka-STi na college boy or yuppie, tama ba spelling? Panay B-plate naman or tagaktak ang pawis habang nagyoyosi kahit tirik ang araw. Besides, it makes more sense to put an a/t or cvt whichever ang tawag diyan sa wrx rather than in an STi. Like you said, ang STi are for those who are in the harder side.

My opinion lang kaibigan :-)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    BTW, im on my early 40's na. If only i can afford a an m5 or c63 amg. Ang tatay ko ay more than 60 y/o na pero nag bibinata kaya gusto manual na m3 :-D

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pwede ba pang daily drive yung WRX since CVT naman diba?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Pwede ba pang daily drive yung WRX since CVT naman diba?
    wrx and sti are easy to drive daily since durable sila and not so low. yon nga lang lakas sa gas kahit cvt pa yung wrx lakas pa din sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    wrx and sti are easy to drive daily since durable sila and not so low. yon nga lang lakas sa gas kahit cvt pa yung wrx lakas pa din sa gas.
    Thank you. Meron bang spare tire WRX? mahilig din kasi ako sa long drives kaya important sakin spare tires.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Thank you. Meron bang spare tire WRX? mahilig din kasi ako sa long drives kaya important sakin spare tires.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    not sure kung meron yung bago, pero from what i know legacy pa lang ang subaru na walang spare tire.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    i really like it in black and i love the interior now

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast