New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sir Flip, it may be press released that way to clear the remaining 2012 inventory :D

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post

OT : Motor Image in Balintawak?! Wondering if they'll put it up to replace the former Kia North Edsa branch. That place is perfect for servicing heheh.
    Its possible since Laus group have a franchise Subaru dealer in Pampanga (same owner as the Kia North Edsa also). Former Kia North Edsa's space is so much bigger than the motor image greenhills.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Its possible since Laus group have a franchise Subaru dealer in Pampanga (same owner as the Kia North Edsa also). Former Kia North Edsa's space is so much bigger than the motor image greenhills.
    Hmm, so it will be under the Laus group if that is indeed a plan. Haven't heard any positive feedback about them, sir, mostly rants about unacceptable customer service and expensive fees.. although the Huper Optik group is commendable.

On topic, the XS doesn't have the same rims as the XT for the 2014 model. Those XT rims are quite nice IMO

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i went to subaru alabang earlier to check out the new forester, both the lower end non turbo model and the XT turbo, both color white, they are stored at the warehouse, not yet on the main showroom. i was really impressed at the lower end model, for the price of 1.398m, you get lots of stuff that doesn't come standard on its rivals. these are the things na napansin ko lang na nice to have been standard on each model, might be missing out other stuff though

non turbo, not sure if 2.0 or 2.5 engine (1.398M)
    - HID low beam, halogen high beam and fog lights, LED park lights (front), no projector type
    - 6 speaker audio
    - all wheel drive with infamous x-mode
    - power folding mirrors
    - SI Drive (2 modes)
    - headlight washer
    - CVT 6 speed

the turbo model is really nice inside and out, Price difference of almost 470k with base model. you be the judge if the 470k is justifiable for the features i noticed below:

2.0 turbo model (1.868M)
    - chrome front fascia with a blacked out bumper
    - 18in rims
    - turbo engine
    - CVT 6 or 8 speed with paddle shift
    - power tail gate
    - large sunroof
    - leather door sidings, seats, steering wheel
    - rain sensing wiper, no "eyesight" feature though
    - roof rail
    - push start engine button
    - colored LCD display for in-car info
    - 8 way harman kardon speakers
    - cruise control
    - dual tail pipe
    - SI Drive (3 modes)
    - all power driver seat

So for 470k price premium, that is what you get for the turbo model.

Honestly speaking, the 2 models look almost identical to the untrained eye. Pati yung pagkawhite nila, cant tell if taffeta white yung base model or pearl white din tulad nung XT kasi medyo madilim din sa warehouse. exterior wise the only distinguishing items for the turbo model is the rims, chrome fascia, the blacked out bumper, and the dual tailpipe. parehas na kasi sila naka HID at LED park light, kaya sa biglang tingin di mo agad madidistinguish kung alin yung higher model.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    so after i went to subaru, pumunta ako sa kabilang pader, hyundai naman hehe, i cheked out again the santa fe, magkadikit lang naman showroom nila sa alabang. hyundai alabang is offering the base santa fe for 1.768M with upgraded entertainment head unit. if you'd rather have a 30k discount, ida-downgrade daw ulit nila yung head unit.

this is just my opinion, im just comparing yung medyo magkalapit sa price and hindi from grey market, which is yung turbo forester and base santa fe (100k difference), medyo suntok sa buwan na kasi yung 2.228m na 4x4 santa fe, layo na price range, and i didn't include the grey unit santa fe, mahal din kasi yun kahit yung 4x2 with more features. exterior wise panalo talaga santa fe and mas malaki. but when you go inside, space wise para sa front occupants and 2nd row occupants, i feel like hindi masyado magkalayo sa forester. santa fe have bulkier seats, just my observation. (btw, aminado din yung agent ng hyundai na yung new forester's space is larger than their tucson). i still consider the santa fe a 5-seater (pls dont bash me hehe) for the 3rd row seats are almost unusable and without loosing luggage space.

with sir tltan and imperialv having both the old FXT and the new santa fe, they said that they rather have the SF3. will their opinions change if yung new forester at new santa fe ang pagpipilian? i also dont know the answer hehe. i still dont have kids so space is not yet an issue for me. but with all the features that are available for the turbo forester against base sf3, parang mas inclined ako sa new forester. and when it comes to fuel consumption of the forester, it was said that it improved significantly with the introduction of the CVT 6speed transmission.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    went to BGC kanina for service and confirmed yung pricing. the base model lost some of the good stuffs though which were standard even in the previous gen, i.e. dual pipe, sunroof and sportsmode shift. i also did not become a fan of the new look of both variants but despite that kung may pera ako di ako mag hesitate to get the XT. btw XT lang available test drive at BGC, di lang ako naka singit kasi dami naka pila.

OT: according sa chismis sa akin the new branches will be by MI.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *sir cfule, did you get a chance to test drive the new forester? As for the 470k discrepancy in price, the turbo is preety much your equalizer. No roof rails for the base model? Looks better with it since it looks like an avanza at first glance from the pics earlier in this thread, IMO

*sir flip, I do hope that the new branches will be under the Tan Chong group

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Sir Flip, it may be press released that way to clear the remaining 2012 inventory :D
    wala na DAW sir 2012 stock sabi ng BGC. pero last feb 28 when i asked sir Andrew of subaru pampanga/(huper optik),may 2012 stock pa sila both variants.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *calistro sorry sir i didn't have time to test drive, or rather no test drive unit at alabang, sa BGC lang siguro meron kaya ang haba ng pila according to sir flip

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    No worries sir. Just curious how the CVT on the new forester drives. Meron na kaya figures ng Manila traffic ang mga SA ng MI? heheh