New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    [SIZE=2]The Strada Club of the Philippines[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]A Club of Mitsubishi Strada/L200/Endeavor Owners and Enthusiasts[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mt.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] Pulag[/SIZE][SIZE=2] – Ambuklao Camping and Fun Run[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]April 8 – 11, 2010[/SIZE]

Following the Club’s portfolio of Fun Runs to the North namely Baguio and Sagada, TSCP, in cooperation with its Baguio Chapter is pleased to announce the Mt. Pulag – Ambuklao Camping and Fun Run. This event will take place from April 8 to 11, 2010 in time for the anticipated long weekend.

BOSBs/Participants of this occasion will enjoy extended hiking, super cool temperatures, outdoor cooking/dining, on and off-road fun runs and camaraderie amongst the delegation.

Please signify your intention to join this adventurous activity! A head and truck count are needed at the earliest possible time for the allocation of parking slots and provisions for tent accommodation. Thank you.

Handle (indicate if you will have any other companion)+ Indicate capacity of your Tent or shared with others + Strada to bring (indicate the drivetrain) or indicate whom you will hitch with:
    1. G01 + Tent for 1 + Strada 4x4
    2. ianmitsulancer + Tent for 1 + will hitch with G01
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; February 28th, 2010 at 08:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    The First Planning Session was held yesterday with Sir G01 and came up with a Version 1 of the Itinerary. I did acknowledge Sir ThePatriarch’s schedule at the 2010 activites that has been incorporated. Discussions were also based on Sir G01’s trek to the Mt. Pulag summit last year.

April 8
    9:00pm – Departure of the Manila Contingent from Metrowalk or from any other meeting place
    Note: in case of Advance Parties ahead to Baguio, please notify me/ Sir G01.

April 9
    4:00am - 7:00am: Arrival in Baguio City, proceed to Jay-J inasal, Legarda Road for Breakfast Power Nap, Buying of Supplies, Fuel, alignment of Walkie-Talkie Frequencies, etc…
    7:00am: Departure from Baguio to Mt. Pulag via Session Road and Ambuklao Road with Photoshoots along the way. Distance of 50 kilometers in various road conditions.
    9:30am - 10:00am: Arrival and assembly at the DENR office near Mt. Pulag
    10:00 - 11:30: briefing and orientation at the DENR office and parking of the 4x2 Stradas
    11:30 - 1:30pm: Trek to the Ranger Station using 4x4 Stradas. Lunch at Restaurants along the way.
    1:30pm: Arrival at the Ranger Station and Parking of the 4x4 Stradas and freshen up.
    Note: This is where the “Last Civilized Comfort Room” is located.
    1:45pm: Start of the walk to the Camping Grounds.
    Optional: Setting up of 2 groups: The Fast Walkers and the Slow Walkers.
    4:00pm: Arrival at the Camping Grounds, Pitching of Tents, Dinner and Preparation for the Cold Night (Camp/Bonfires is not Allowed, Gas powered stoves is only permitted)
    9:00pm: Curfew Time at the Camping Grounds- Lights Out!

April 10
    3:00am: Wake Up and Freshen Up!
    3:30am: Ascending Trek to the Summit! (Bring of food to the Summit is not allowed)
    5:15am: Arrival to the Summit for Sunrise Observation at 5:30am
    8:00am: Descending Trek back to the Camping Site
    9:30am - 10:45am: Arrival at the Camping Grounds, Power Nap, Cooking, Breakfast and Packing Up
    10:45am - 11:15am: Arrival at the Ranger Station, Freshen Up and Departure using
    the 4x4 Stradas
    11:15am – 1:15pm: Trek back to the Ranger Station. Lunch at Restaurants along the way.
    1:15pm – 1:30pm: Back to DENR Station to get the 4x2 Stradas. Departure to Ambuklao Dam afterwards
    2:30pm – 3:15pm: Arrival at the Ambuklao Dam and Photoshoot. Note: Low water level due to the current El Nino Phenomenon
    3:15pm: Proceed to Adonot River with Photoshoot– Note: Location of the 2008 Baguio Fun Run; 4x2 Stradas can pass along now due to the low water level.
    4:00pm onwards/until Sawa: Arrival at the Adonot River Camping Grounds, Set up Camp and Tent, Bonfire, Fishing and Dinner… No Curfew!

April 11
    7:30am: Wake Up, Freshen Up and Pack Up!
    8:00am - 9:00am: Leave for Baguio City
    9:00am: Optional: Arrival at Jeff’s Off-Road shop or to Baguio Fun Run Around Baguio City, Market, Other Tourist Spots for Buying Pasalubong
    12:00pm: Proceed to John Hay/SM Baguio or Other Restaurants for Lunch
    2:00pm – 3:00pm: Optional: Proceed to Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Fun Run
    3:00pm – SEND OFF: Departure to Manila via Kennon Road.
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; February 28th, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I am an uninitiated mountaineer....what are the necessary preparations I need to make to be able to conquer mt. pulag? any special gear or equipment I need to purchase and bring so as not to be a hassle to others (i.e. tent, cook wares and equipments, etc.)? thanks.
    Last edited by moxxxs; February 28th, 2010 at 12:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moxxxs View Post
    I am an uninitiated mountaineer....what are the necessary preparations I need to make to be able to conquer mt. pulag? any special gear or equipment I need to purchase and bring so as not to be a hassle to others (i.e. tent, cook wares and equipments, etc.)? thanks.
    mt. pulag is a relatively tame mountain, gradual increase in elevation. tents madali na pagusapan yun. stoves i think i have 2, cooking sets ang kulang ko. i have 1 set good for 3-4 people, pero knowing how we are baka pang dalawa lang ang mailuto ko dito.

secure a reliable backpack, big enough to handle at least 1 gallon of water. it's been a while since i went up pulog so i don't know how good the water source there is now, but i will be bringing my filtration system just in case.

get good shoes that wil provide you with ample ankle support

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [SIZE=2]The Strada Club of the Philippines[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [SIZE=2]A Club of Mitsubishi Strada/L200/Endeavor Owners and Enthusiasts[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mt.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] Pulag[/SIZE][SIZE=2] – Ambuklao Camping and Fun Run[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]April 8 – 11, 2010[/SIZE]

Following the Club’s portfolio of Fun Runs to the North namely Baguio and Sagada, TSCP, in cooperation with its Baguio Chapter is pleased to announce the Mt. Pulag – Ambuklao Camping and Fun Run. This event will take place from April 8 to 11, 2010 in time for the anticipated long weekend.

BOSBs/Participants of this occasion will enjoy extended hiking, super cool temperatures, outdoor cooking/dining, on and off-road fun runs and camaraderie amongst the delegation.

Please signify your intention to join this adventurous activity! A head and truck count are needed at the earliest possible time for the allocation of parking slots and provisions for tent accommodation. Thank you.

Handle (indicate if you will have any other companion)+ Indicate capacity of your Tent or shared with others + Strada to bring (indicate the drivetrain) or indicate whom you will hitch with:
    1. G01 + Tent for 1 + Strada 4x4
    2. ianmitsulancer + Tent for 1 + will hitch with G01
    3. arvin - tents - stoves - cook set - pick up

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    in addition to that,dont forget to bring medicine specially flanax!!!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
    in addition to that,dont forget to bring medicine specially flanax!!!
    heheheheeh tapos yung mga pain killer!!! pati mga ointment!!!

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moxxxs View Post
    That probably makes two of us, Papa Moxxxs. In addition to what sir Arvin has mentioned, here are the suggested Things to Bring that sir G01 and i discussed:

-Flashlight/s
    -Canned or Packed Goods and Cooking wares (a la Sir Manolo/Bigblock's style) or an assigned cook among the group
    -Cooked food (Baon) for at least 1-2 days for those who wish not to cook
    -Black Plastic Bags for proper waste disposal
    -Toiletries and Alcohol
    -Warm Clothing (Gloves, Bonnet, Warm Socks, etc…)
    -Drinking Water (probably 2 liters or how much you think how thirsty you can be)
    -First Aid Kit + meds for joint pains, headache or any type of discomfort you might encounter/allergies
    -Tent (decide amongst the group who will share or who will go Solo)
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; February 28th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    for manila based bosb's intersted in joining the climb... we can arrange a pre climb briefing - i will just have to coordinate with eslonblue regarding date and venue of teh pre climb

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Pinapatanong ni docglen kung puede daw magdala ng LOMI! hehehe

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
TSCP Mt. Pulag - Ambuklao Camping and Fun Run