New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kcboy drives a Rexton. He's been driving one for a year or two now and he's still pretty satisfied with it. His fleet also includes a pimped-out Sorento and his off-road set-up GEN II Pajero. Try sending him a PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If u wanna be different and price is secondary, then go for it. At least all eyes are on you when you're driving.

I'm just curious, is the Ssangyong a premium brand in Korea? Is it selling well in Korea?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. They are a premium brand in their home market. They don't even manufacture economy cars.

They had a technical partnership with Mercedes Benz. Hence, their drivetrains and platforms are Mercedes derived. The Stavic is derived from the W124 sedan. So is the Ssangyong Chairman. The MB100 was derived from the original [and boxier] MB100.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im happy with it so far, have driven 25k kms already, so far ive changed my front brakes already, maybe due to the 20in rims, other than that, regular pms sa wheels.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i've ridden on my Uncle's rexton....ayos un suspension nya...well it should really filter out those bumps pretty well for that price....imho hehe in terms of other features...nothing fancy though....

I just dont like the exterior design though...pero unique ang oto mo pag meron ka nito kc kokonti lng ang nasa daan....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in my opinion, no, kasi ayaw ko talaga yung itsura

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    trust me, just change the ugly looking rims, and it's gonna look nice.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    im happy with it so far, have driven 25k kms already, so far ive changed my front brakes already, maybe due to the 20in rims, other than that, regular pms sa wheels.
    I see a satisfied Rexton owner..Honestly ibang league ang Rexton at Santa Fe,the Rexton feels like you're driving a Pajero or Explorer while the Santa Fe looks like your driving a stretched mini SUV..

I suggest you buy the Rexton,CRDI to at ibang klase ang performance,i've driven it once and its really good..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Reliability might be an issue when owning these Korean cars. And the big "REXTON" sign at the back of the SUV is just too ricey

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ado View Post
    Reliability might be an issue when owning these Korean cars. And the big "REXTON" sign at the back of the SUV is just too ricey
    Most and newer Korean cars these days are much more reliable than before kaya walang problema dyan..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
rexton by ssangyong worth it?