New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014

WF-02 uses AA batteries

WP-360 & WP-450 have built-in NiMH batteries low-tech! bakit hindi li-ion?

primitive batteries. di kaya mahina? so i'm leaning towards the counter-top models...

any feedback?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I bought this old model in the US. I forgot that they are using 110 volts so I bought a transformer. After several months, it won't work anymore. Thinking that I got a defective product, I asked my friend to buy one for me. The same thing happened, after several months, it stopped working.

Later I found out that it was an issue for those units because of a "bad battery". I tried to dismantle this thing and found out that you can't simply use any kind of rechargable battery. I have forgotten why but it's​ not an ordinary battery.

My take on this is, avoid the battery operated one. Other than that, it works great!

I don't know if this is available locally or if there are similar products.

EDIT: I saw from the picture you posted that this is available locally.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    sub-C nimh. like in those 7.2v packs for r/c cars that were popular when i was a kid. so that's really ancient technology

thanks! i think i'll get the counter top model

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    sub-C nimh. like in those 7.2v packs for r/c cars that were popular when i was a kid. so that's really ancient technology

thanks! i think i'll get the counter top model
    Is it really so old? I'm still young...

I'd really like to have one that is not battery operated but portable. I don't want to go to Abad Santos as I don't know where to park besides the fact that I easily get lost.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the WP-100 Ultra ... It's their best selling model ... Also avoid the cordless, battery type ... it's not powerful enough ...

You can ask them to ship it to you ... They will give you the wholesale price if you buy at least 3 units (or was it 4?) ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i used to own the waterpik portable. wala pang isang taon mahina na battery lagi na kelangan i charge, after a year corroded na yun charging port, after a few months sira na yun battery. waste of money.

Now I'm using this from panasonic, AA lang battery and it was with me for more than 3 years now ok naman. hinde din naten kelangan ng malakas masyado na pressure as it will damage your gums.

noon meron din kame waterpik na de kuryente after 4 years nasira na yun white hose niya sayang buhay pa yun motor pero durog na yun hose so tapon na din.

if you ask me.... wala na ako bilib sa waterpik

eto pala un sa panasonic:

Portable Dental Water Flosser with Collapsible Design EW-DJ1-A - Panasonic US

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You can buy the hose from the distributor ... Also use only distilled water and clean after every use so it doesn't calcify inside ...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use Oral-B/Braun Oxyjet at home. Counter-top sya.

For travel, I have a Philips Sonicare Airfloss. Rechargeable sya, but one charge lasts around a week na.
    Signature