The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 274 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Barrera knocked out?

By Marc Anthony Reyes
    Inquirer
    Last updated 10:49pm (Mla time) 09/22/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- IF REPORTS ARE ACCURATE ENOUGH, Manny Pacquiao should have no problem finishing off Marco Antonio Barrera in Las Vegas two weeks from now.

The latest buzz out of the Mexican’s camp could be ominous: Barrera was knocked out by a sparmate in Guadalajara, Mexico.
    That was the report passed around during yesterday’s send-off breakfast for Pacquiao at Gourdo’s in The Fort.
    He refused to comment about it, going his usual route and declaring that he will be 100 percent fully charged for his super featherweight rematch against the “Baby-Faced Assassin” on Oct. 7 at the Mandalay Bay.
    “Hindi natin alam kung ano ang mangyayari sa fight, pero sigurado akong gagawin ko ang lahat (I can’t say what will happen in the fight except that I’ll give it my best shot),” Pacquiao quipped flashing a smile that matched the shine of his gold Rolex wristwatch and diamond-stud earring.
    At one point of the press conference, his imported sparring partners, Mexicans Sugar Ray Beltran and David Rodela, vouched for Pacquiao’s preparedness, citing how the Filipino boxing icon’s punches were like swings from a baseball bat.
    “We still have 26 hellish rounds with him,” said one of the sparmates who worked out with Pacquiao after the presscon at the Wild Card gym in Parañaque.
    They were to join him and trainer Freddie Roach late last night on a flight to the United States for the homestretch of his training.
    “He’s my favorite fighter of all time,” said Roach, who also denied previous weeks’ reports that he sent out spies at Barrera’s camp.
    “I don’t have any spy. We don’t need any spy,” added the trainer.
    Pacquiao knocked out Barrera in the 11th-round during their first date in November of 2003, a result that practically put the Filipino in the radar of megabuck fights.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Fearless forecast: (fearless daw o.....)

Barrera won't last 8 rounds. Pacquiao wins via KO.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ring baliktad...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    pwede ring baliktad...
    pwede pero improbable. we'll see in 2 weeks

OT: In the UFC, Keith Jardine handed Chuck Liddel go second loss in a row in the main event. I personally thought Chuck wouldn't have any trouble disposing his opponent but Jardine was able to stand his ground and pull out an upset. He consistently hit Chuck on the right side of the body and thigh. He took the Iceman's best shots and gave him some of his own (even knocking him down in 2nd round).

The Griffin vs Rua fight also ended in an upset. Forrest, winner of the first ultimate fighter, forced the highly regarded Pride fighter "shogun" rua to tap out just a few seconds to go in the last round of their fight...

October is a great month for filipino fight fans:
    October 7 Barrera - Pacquiao (Boxing)
    October 21 Sylvia - Vera (UFC)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^ badtrip natalo si shogun! :rant: :mad: :arghhh:
    houston alexander > keith jardine > forrest griffin

re pacman vs. barrera
    maybe its in the best financial interest of pacman to lose
    Last edited by tsupermario; September 23rd, 2007 at 08:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OT

Pag nanalo kaya si Pacman, sino kaya ang sasalubong sa kaniya sa NAIA? Si Sec. Bulaklakin pa rin kaya? O baka si Mayor Lim na ang pa-papel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    OT

Pag nanalo kaya si Pacman, sino kaya ang sasalubong sa kaniya sa NAIA? Si Sec. Bulaklakin pa rin kaya? O baka si Mayor Lim na ang pa-papel.
    baka si FG

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    OT

I thought the choices were Jinky or Ara Mina hehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post

re pacman vs. barrera
    maybe its in the best financial interest of pacman to lose
    haha ...Pacqiao Barrera III = $$$

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hahaha pwede din. Kaso di ko pa nakita magbenta si Pacquiao. And besides kasama nya si Jinky, pingot sya pag nagkataon.

Usapang Boxing Thread