New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hello Everyone!

I am back to teaching Scuba Diving again after a much needed respite. I took a breather because I wanted to spend some time with my wife and my new born son. By the way, my son’s name is Umi. Umi is Japanese for “Sea”. As you can probably tell, I love the sea very much. I love sharing the wonders of the sea more. I realized from my brief rest from diving that I really missed seeing the ecstatic faces of newly certified divers.

With the above in mind, I would like to announce that I AM BACK!!! I hope that you can help me share the beauty and comfort of the warm oceans of the Philippines with your friends. Help me get them to dive! Below are some course information that you might need to give to your friends. I would appreciate very much if you could help me by telling your friends about your diving experiences.

Dive safe. Always.

Daniel Abelarde

PADI OWSI 461587

Mobile: 0918 9211168

Email: dan1*pldtdsl.net

PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE:

PADI Open Water Diver course

Now is the time to dive into the PADI Open Water Diver course, the most popular dive program in the world! This is your ticket to a lifetime of intense adventure with PADI, the dive company that sets the standards in the global diving community.

Why PADI Open Water?
    As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.

What do I need to start?
    Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. If you are between 10 and 14 or have a child between these ages, there is a PADI Junior Open Water Diver program available.

A PADI Jr Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
    What will I do?
    Throughout the course, you’ll learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or lake) dives.

How long will it take?
    PADI programs are performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you.

What will I need?

PADI Open Water Crew-Pak
    PADI Open Water Video or DVD
    Log Book
    Time requirements: As mentioned above, the program is performance based not time based. There are 5 academic (classroom) session, 5 confined water (pool) sessions and 4 open water dives. To give you an average time needed, you will need approximately 10 hours of pool sessions, about 6 hours of academic (class room sessions) and 2 days at a resort (usually in Anilao). In short, you can finish the course in 4 full days. I suggest that classes be held on weekends. A typical class schedule will look like this:

Wednesday before weekend 1: Distribution of Manuals and Video. Manuals and Videos need to be read and viewed before Saturday (self study).

Weekend 1:

Saturday 9:00am: Registration / Course Overview

9:30am: Module 1 Discussion / Knowledge Review / Quiz

11:00am: Module 2 Discussion / Knowledge Review / Quiz

12:30pm: Lunch Break

2:00pm: Module 1 Confined Water Session

4:00pm: Module 2 Confined Water Session

6:00pm: Debriefing

Sunday 8:00am: Module 3 Discussion / Knowledge Review / Quiz

9:30am: Module 4 Discussion / Knowledge Review / Quiz

11:00am: Module 5 Discussion / Knowledge Review

12:30pm: Lunch Break

2:00pm Module 3 Confined Water Session

4:00pm Module 4 Confined Water Session

5:30pm Module 5 Confined Water Session

7:00pm Debfriefing

Weekend 2:

Saturday: 6:00 am: Depart for Anilao

9:00 am: Arrive Anilao

10:00 am: Dive Briefing for 1st Open Water Dive

10:30 am: 1st Open Water Dive

12:00 am: Lunch and relaxation break

1:30pm: Dive Briefing for 2nd Open Water Dive

2:00pm: 2nd Open Water Dive

3:30pm: Debriefing

8:00pm: Final Exam

Sunday: 9:00am: Dive briefing for 3rd Open Water Dive

9:30am: 3rd Open Water Dive

11:00am: Lunch and relaxation Break

1:30pm: Dive Briefing for 4th Open Water Dive

2:00pm: 4th Open Water Dive

3:30pm Debriefing

5:00pm Depart for Manila

*Please note that the Open Water Dive schedules are dependent on sea conditions. But the above should give you an idea on what the days will look like.

**The above schedules can change depending on the rate of mastery of skills of the students.

Course Fee:

Php 10,000 / student (minimum of 4 students / maximum of 6 students). A group of friends is desirable so you can learn with old friends, but individual students are also acceptable because there are a lot of individuals who want to learn.

Payment Terms:

Php 3,000 (30%) down payment to be upon distribution of manuals and videos

Php 3,000 (30%) partial payment to be paid after completion of Module 5 Confined Water Session

Php 4,000 (40%) full payment to be paid after completion of 4th Open Water Dive

I am also open to other payment terms. Whatever will make it easier for people to take diving.
    Credit cards not acceptable. Sorry.

Course Fee Inclusions:

PADI Open Water Diver Crew Pack (Manual, log book, dive table, certification card, certificate)

5 classroom sessions

5 pool sessions

Use of BCD, Regulator, tanks, weight belts

Dive Master Services

Course Fee Exclusions:

Resort Accomodation Fee

Boat Fee

Resort tanks

Personal Equipment

The above exclusions will cost approximately Php 4,000/person depending on which resort we choose.

This fee will be paid to resort directly. Some resorts accept credit cards.

Personal Equipment Needed:

Mask

Fins

Snorkel

Wetsuit

You can rent this from dive shops or borrow from friends.

Cost of this is not included in course fee.

If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I would gladly meet you and your friends for a short presentation if necessary.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Do you teach advance? How much if u do?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir, panu pag gusto ko mag dive sa bora? and certification lang ang kelangan ko sa inyo. how much ang sisingilin niyo samin?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ayos ito... sana magkabudget ako at siyempre time... pwede bang wala ng academic? sugod na lang sa water agad, bahala na si God? hehehehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paktay tayo jan! baka mamaya pag ahon mo, duguan na ung tenga mo. hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pag me oras ako id love to learn scuba diving=)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gretzy
    Do you teach advance? How much if u do?
    Yes I do! I charge 8.5k for the course. Terms of payment are as follows:
    3.5k downpayment upon receipt of manual (usually given a week before the course for self study)
    5k after completion of last training dive.
    *I am open to more flexible payment terms.

Time required: 1 whole weekend at the beach (anilao usually)
    Below is what a typical schedule looks like:
    Saturday: 6:00am leave for Anilao
    9:00am Arrive at Anilao
    9:30am Briefing for Dive 1
    10:00am Dive 1 (Deep Dive)
    11:30am Debriefing/Lunch/Relaxing time
    1:30pm Briefing for Dive 2
    2:30pm Dive 2 (Underwater Navigation)
    4:00pm Debriefing/Relaxing time
    set up gear for night dive anytime before dark
    7:00pm Dinner
    8:00pm Briefing
    9:00pm Dive 3 Night dive**
    10:00pm Debriefing/Party!!!!
    SUnday: 9:00am Briefing for Dive 4
    10:00am Dive 4 Multilevel Dive**
    11:30am Debriefing/Lunch
    1:30pm Briefing for Dive 5
    2:30pm Dive 5 Drift Dive**
    4:00pm Debriefing
    5:00pm Leave for Manila

*dive schedules can change depending on sea conditions
    ** Elective dives can vary depending on what you want to learn

Course Fee includes:
    Advance Crewpack, Manual
    Certification Card
    Lessons

Exclusions:
    Resort and boat fees
    Tanks at the resort

I will have an advance class this April. If you are interested, I can keep you posted regarding the schedule.

If you have any other question regarding PADI Advance Open Water Diver Course, please feel free to call or SMS me at 09189211168. I will be happy to meet you and answer all your questions.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pepengtom
    sir, panu pag gusto ko mag dive sa bora? and certification lang ang kelangan ko sa inyo. how much ang sisingilin niyo samin?
    I do not give certifications only. I have to make sure that you really know to dive and have taken lessons before. It will be my name and reputation on the line if something happens to you.

If you have taken lessons before, all you need to do is give me a referal form from your former instructor and we can take up what ever you have not finished before. I cannot tell you exactly how much it will cost because I do not know how much you have missed to complete the whole course. But to give you an idea... the certification card is approximately Php3,000.

If you have never taken lessons before, I cannot give you a certification card unless you take lessons. Sorry.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    ayos ito... sana magkabudget ako at siyempre time... pwede bang wala ng academic? sugod na lang sa water agad, bahala na si God? hehehehe...

Kailang ng konteng academics. That is why I give the manuals and videos ahead of time so you can read or watch (which ever you prefer) at your own time, place, and pace. Thus lessening the time in the classroom. Mas importante para sa akin yung in-water skills pero importante din and academics.

Kung mabilis mo ma-master yung academic portion, mas mahaba ang oras natin sa in-water training.

Ok ba yon?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i have an PADI certified open water license...but i haven't dove since 1994. What do i need for me to get back to diving? do i need to start from scratch? or a refresher course Only? ty

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Tsikot Scuba Divers [Merged]