New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by b1rken5tock View Post
    yung video na napanood ko nasa vhs format po sir, wala po akong link/url sori...
    ah k. i thought meron tayong youtube link or something

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    i rarely bowl, last time na bagbowling ako e nung first year college pa ako.

OT: suggestion ko lang, nagkaroon na ba ng thread tsikot sportsfest? ano kaya kung magkaroon ng tiskot tournament for bowling or badminton?
    haha! great idea you got there!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I play also. I used to have averages na pang-competition, but sadly, a long absence from the sport left me very rusty. Natatalo na ako ng newbies ngayon. Hopefully, I can find time (and money) again to practice.

I can vouch for the sticking bowling shoes. One time, nawala yung dulas ng bowling shoes ko (dunno kung ano natapakan ko), my left foot stuck to the floor instead of sliding, ayun, semplang! Had a backache for several weeks.
    hehe, that's gotta hurt! i noticed that most branded bowling shoes dont have the 'reverse leather' underside. puro rubber. i wonder how these slide. i also noticed one of the kids training beside me last weekend wearing something on his shoe. parang may band na nakabalot around the foot covering the 'talampakan'. ano kaya yun?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I used to bowl and used to compete at company sponsored bowling events but this was ageas ako. I used to be able to hit 190+ - 210 games but now I'd be lucky to even get 175. I haven't played in years.

There is a technique to making "hook shot" just like one of the posters said. However, did notice then that houseballs didn't allow me to constantly hit my pocket when I hooked, forcing me to adjust. However, when I used my own bowling balls, I was able to do my hooking action. Maybe it's because them houseballs "center core" is placed differently from what we used.

I used to bowl at Coronado, at Makati Cinema Square, at SM North, at Paradise resort (in Bulacan) and at Greenhiils. My old bowling balls were two Brunswicks, one was at 13 lbs while the other was at 15 lbs. I sold them long ago, together with my bowling shoes, bags, patches and other stuff. I still have my wrist support though.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    hehe, hindi mo ata pwede gamitin yung bowling shoes outside the lanes...

anyways, i checked out the bowling shoes from brunswick, dexter etc... wala akong matipuhang design. They all look like...well... rubber shoes. I want the retro house shoe look hehe.
    Fafa PK, AFAIR eh pwede kang magpasadya. I just forgot the name of the shoe manufacturer where we ordered our shoes. Hanapin ko and when I find it eh i PM ko sa yo info.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I can vouch for the sticking bowling shoes. One time, nawala yung dulas ng bowling shoes ko (dunno kung ano natapakan ko), my left foot stuck to the floor instead of sliding, ayun, semplang! Had a backache for several weeks.
    He he he, +1 here. My lower back injury was caused by a house bowling shoe that stuck to the floor during my release. It sort of vaulted me sideways. I kinda hit the raised area of the floor that separates lanes.

I was out of commission for two weeks and had to see a doctor and PT for treatment. My back still hurts from time to time.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i learned alot about that "hook" thing from you guys. medyo confused nga lang ako now if i want to hook or shoot straight na lang. thanks for the reply from my fellow innova user j_avonni na pwede din pala house ball for a hook. i understand na easier lang ang reactive ball to do that.

ok, game, bowling eb na so that i can learn more from all of you.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it would depend upon your competition reccah. If you can beat them with a straight ball, then by all means go for it!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yep, it's easy to do a hook using a reactive ball compared to houseballs. Iba rin kase yun resin na ginagamit for ordinary houseballs eh. Pero like what was said, pwede rin ang hook sa houseballs: it's all just a matter of adjuting position (throwing, hand/finger, release) and the the power behind the throw. Of course, a good follow-up helps.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    I guess it would depend upon your competition reccah. If you can beat them with a straight ball, then by all means go for it!
    I agree with PK. Kung comfortable ka naman sa straightball and you hit the pocket constantly, go for it. Just constantly hit the kingpin then you're okay. Pero magandang alternative weapon din ang hook, he he he.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Tsikot Keglers (Nagbo-bowling)