New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wondering... anyone else play bowling here? I've been searching for some bowling threads and cant find any.

Anyways, i got stumped with my sucky 150 average using my straight ball and decided to make the transition to hooking. I got myself a cheap second hand Ebonite Tornado (kinda) reactive ball to start developing a hook with hopes to add some 30-50 points to my average

Grabe, when i fist went reactive, my average floored to 90 hahaha!

Anyways, can anyone tell me where to get cheap bowing shoes? I'm fine with those rental shoes.... as long as theyre brand new. Tx in advance for those who'll reply!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    si resmile makakasagot nyan. hindi lang pang bowling, pang videoke pa

paging :superman:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I do bowl too.

If you want cheap bowling shoes, try looking at Marikina Shoe Expo in Cubao. I forgot the name of the store where we bought shoes for my wife many many years ago. Mine are about to retire. So, I guess in a year I have to buy a pair.

Maybe Resmile could help you.

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3188[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; September 9th, 2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typo

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    also a newbie and im afraid i can offer no help. but i like only to clarify na ang house ball will only shoot straight and i need a reactive ball if i want it to curve? sorry curious lang po. thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ReccaH View Post
    also a newbie and im afraid i can offer no help. but i like only to clarify na ang house ball will only shoot straight and i need a reactive ball if i want it to curve? sorry curious lang po. thanks.

House ball (mostly hard plastic/rubber) or any other ball (urethane, reactive or proactive) would roll straight, hook, curve, helicopter (spin) or backup depending on the release.

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3192[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; September 9th, 2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added a term

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ReccaH View Post
    Yup, tama si j_avonni but since the core of the house ball doesnt 'want' to hook, it will require you to adjust your release to make it hook. a reactive ball has an uneven core which makes it want to hook by itself. Tama ba mga boss?

I guess a trip to cubao is in order thanks guys! ano? bowling EB na to?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Yup, tama si j_avonni but since the core of the house ball doesnt 'want' to hook, it will require you to adjust your release to make it hook. a reactive ball has an uneven core which makes it want to hook by itself. Tama ba mga boss?

I guess a trip to cubao is in order thanks guys! ano? bowling EB na to?
    The path of the ball really depends on the release. If you hook or curve a reactive ball, it would just create wider hook or curve than non-reactive.

Okay ang EB bowling. Where do you bowl?

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3194[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; September 9th, 2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: a word was omitted

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    he..he hindi pa ako nag break 100 im not even decent.. but rumors coming in that SM pampanga will open a bowling center... maybe can pick up the sport...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bowling SHoes - i bought mine online... branded shoes (dexter, brunswick, etc) at much much cheaper price (some below $30). I have it delivered to a relative residing in the US and pinadala na lang nya. If you are not in a hurry, i think this is a good option. And the quality ng makukuha mo would be worth the wait.

Hook - tama po sinabi nila... the ball itself gives the hooking path. Aside from the uneven core. the different surface finishing reacts differently to the different oiling condition of different bowling centers so iba-iba rin ang hooking pattern. This is where advantageous ang mga straight bowlers or semi-hook bowlers. Di masyado dependent sa oiling pattern kasi sa gilid lang ng lanes ang concentration ng oil and yung straight bowlers naman sa middle ng lane bumabato.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    he..he hindi pa ako nag break 100 im not even decent.. but rumors coming in that SM pampanga will open a bowling center... maybe can pick up the sport...
    sana nga sir, part ng expansion ng SM pampanga ang bowling center. Wala kasi sa pampanga/tarlac area any good bowling center.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Tsikot Keglers (Nagbo-bowling)