New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, when fanatics are on the table, all bets are off. "they are logical only in their own minds. one may not reason with them."

so why do folks prefer non-doctor involvement in their health issues?...
    maybe they like to be "in control" ? maybe they do not like authority figures ? maybe there is this perception of cost ?
    i remember my parents and relatives, when i was very young. they have this aversion going to the doctor, because the doctor is a total stranger(?), because he costs money(?), or because we must adjust to his work schedule (?)..
    but when the neighbor's son came home from training as a doctor... aba! every other cough at pinapa-punta na kami sa kanyang bahay! it is only now that i am a doctor myself, that i pity that neighbor's son... trabaho na sa ospital, trabaho pa rin sa bahay...

a study on why even learned folks turn to alternative medicine, came up with... "because it aligns with their philosophy and/or expands their options".
    i treat my doctors "ala chk and balance" what i do, may feedback pa din sa kanila, like when my bp was too low and was still taking meds, i still asked for advice, its been 2 years, no maintainance whatsoever...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you feel like going to the hospital, better go ... 3 day fever should be checked ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sleep is the best. slept 10hrs after a grueling 24hr shift 🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    pei pa koa ... panlaban sa sipon, etc

doctor ang nag-recommend sa akin

agree!
    101 % !

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    doc topical ointment yan pei pa?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    doc topical ointment yan pei pa?

yung pei pa koa na ginagamit ko, ay hard-candy-type preparation, individually wrapped in plastic-backed gold-colored foil. available in the supermarket, as well as in chinese drug stores.
    "recommended by my chinese qaqilalas." panacea for a variety of ailments, daw.
    i do not know what the ingredients are, but it tastes good. parang mint liquor...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 3rd, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you feel like going to the hospital, better go ... 3 day fever should be checked ...
    Thankfully my temp is normal now. Yung isa naman sa bahay nilagnat

My kuya cousin dropped by today and had me drink 1000 mg of Vit C and 6 capsules for my Immunity daw. I am having palpitations now. I am not sure if it's because my body was shocked with the the amount I took or this is from stress

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yung pei pa koa na ginagamit ko, ay hard-candy-type preparation, individually wrapped in plastic-backed gold-colored foil. available in the supermarket, as well as in chinese drug stores.
    "recommended by my chinese qaqilalas." panacea for a variety of ailments, daw.
    i do not know what the ingredients are, but it tastes good. parang mint liquor...
    Iirc, pears are one of the ingredients.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Iirc, pears are one of the ingredients.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    so, aside from coming in twos, what else are pears also good for...?
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Careful with overdosing with vitamins ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Traditional/folk/natural medicine