New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am surrounded by alternative medicine people! I am gonna lose my mind soon!

I have fever for 3 days now and the people closest to me are suggesting supplements and alternative medicine? All I want to do is to go to the hospital. If only I could drive myself to the hospital, I would!

Favorite Tita (Dad's sister) - told me to drink lots of Vitamin C. She takes Unicity so she suggested that. My fever is probably due to my sipon daw

Kuya Cousin - he advocates Unicity (he lost over 40 lbs ata, though I think he is too thin already) so he called me and practically forced me to order their supplements online which are so expensive btw. He will pick up the meds from Unicity in BGC and bring it to my house tomorrow so I could take it already. Eh mas maganda siguro kung sinundo na lang ako at dinala sa St Luke's

50 yr old friend - I asked him to bring me to St Luke's if my fever does not go down today BUT he told me he will cure me at his clinic and I don't need to go to the hospital anymore He is so obsessed with alternative medicine and supplements!

Childhood best friend - obsessed with yoga. She told me to avoid check ups because doctors always find something wrong and will prescribe maintenance meds which will only make things worse.

The husband of my Mom's friend is a surgeon. I complained about my back pain and he said he will do acupuncture on me. He is a surgeon who is into alternative medicine. Isn't that conflicting?

I don't know if it's just my circle or are majority of people losing trust on medical science?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Unicity is that like Usana? overpriced sups?

diba pag feverish paracetamol to control the temperature?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Unicity is that like Usana? overpriced sups?

diba pag feverish paracetamol to control the temperature?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yes. It's hard for me to say no to my Kuya because I owe him my job in my dream company and his parents helped our family financially also.

I've been taking paracetamol every 6 hrs but my temperature still isn't normal.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Anyone tried that "Essentials" of Usana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

I have fever for 3 days now and the people closest to me are suggesting supplements and alternative medicine? All I want to do is to go to the hospital. If only I could drive myself to the hospital, I would!

Favorite Tita (Dad's sister) - told me to drink lots of Vitamin C. She takes Unicity so she suggested that. My fever is probably due to my sipon daw

Kuya Cousin - he advocates Unicity (he lost over 40 lbs ata, though I think he is too thin already) so he called me and practically forced me to order their supplements online which are so expensive btw. He will pick up the meds from Unicity in BGC and bring it to my house tomorrow so I could take it already. Eh mas maganda siguro kung sinundo na lang ako at dinala sa St Luke's

50 yr old friend - I asked him to bring me to St Luke's if my fever does not go down today BUT he told me he will cure me at his clinic and I don't need to go to the hospital anymore He is so obsessed with alternative medicine and supplements!

Childhood best friend - obsessed with yoga. She told me to avoid check ups because doctors always find something wrong and will prescribe maintenance meds which will only make things worse.

The husband of my Mom's friend is a surgeon. I complained about my back pain and he said he will do acupuncture on me. He is a surgeon who is into alternative medicine. Isn't that conflicting?

I don't know if it's just my circle or are majority of people losing trust on medical science?

supplements. that's the modern day patent medicine or snake oil

people were stupid then, we're still now. brain processing capability has not increased. but we have internet now which seems to make people stupider

anyway why goto hospital for only a fever? if it's not super high then it's probably just a virus. unless you've got cough w/ lots of phlegm and high fever. you really gotta go for pneumonia

people still trust modern medicine. just watch them when they have a real medical emergency eh pag walang sakit, mag indulge lang sa supplements which makes them "feel good" for mostly placebo-effect reasons, and for multi-level marketing

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

western-type medicine is expensive. if not the actual medicine, the doctor's fees and hospital fees.
    that's all.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

people were stupid then, we're still now. brain processing capability has not increased. but we have internet now which seems to make people stupider

anyway why goto hospital for only a fever? if it's not super high then it's probably just a virus. unless you've got cough w/ lots of phlegm and high fever. you really gotta go for pneumonia

people still trust modern medicine. just watch them when they have a real medical emergency eh pag walang sakit, mag indulge lang sa supplements which makes them "feel good" for mostly placebo-effect reasons, and for multi-level marketing
    Some supplements worked for me I think. I take chromium picolinate to control my blood sugar (though I am not diabetic)

I want to go to the hospital because I'm scared. I usually don't get fever longer than 2 days. Today is the 3rd day already I have cough but no phlegm. Runny nose and sore throat and body pain. 38 highest reading ko.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    western-type medicine is expensive. if not the actual medicine, the doctor's fees and hospital fees.
    that's all.
    But Doctor, money is not an issue for the health fanatics that I mentioned. They just prefer the "traditional method". My 50 yr old friend also takes a lot of supplements that are so expensive (he is perfectly healthy). My Mom's friend is into acupuncture, they charge per needle plus the fee of acupuncturist so it's definitely at least P1k session, most people do it twice a week.

PF of MD usually ranges 1k-1.5k. When I went to the ER last year for my fever, I was not even prescribed any medicine. Today I spent P2,600 for the supplements that my Kuya asked me to buy to help cure my sipon. P2600 for sipon. It would have been cheaper if I just bought decolgen

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

sad to say, gusto ng lahat easy, six pack shortcuts, 3 min abs, 7 min whole body workouts, people still believe that drinking apple cider vinegar will have an impact on their overall health, its not that simple, puting something in your month will only make someone richer..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Some supplements worked for me I think. I take chromium picolinate to control my blood sugar (though I am not diabetic)

I want to go to the hospital because I'm scared. I usually don't get fever longer than 2 days. Today is the 3rd day already I have cough but no phlegm. Runny nose and sore throat and body pain. 38 highest reading ko.

But Doctor, money is not an issue for the health fanatics that I mentioned. They just prefer the "traditional method". My 50 yr old friend also takes a lot of supplements that are so expensive (he is perfectly healthy). My Mom's friend is into acupuncture, they charge per needle plus the fee of acupuncturist so it's definitely at least P1k session, most people do it twice a week.

PF of MD usually ranges 1k-1.5k. When I went to the ER last year for my fever, I was not even prescribed any medicine. Today I spent P2,600 for the supplements that my Kuya asked me to buy to help cure my sipon. P2600 for sipon. It would have been cheaper if I just bought decolgen
    well, when fanatics are on the table, all bets are off. "they are logical only in their own minds. one may not reason with them."

so why do folks prefer non-doctor involvement in their health issues?...
    maybe they like to be "in control" ? maybe they do not like authority figures ? maybe there is this perception of cost ?
    i remember my parents and relatives, when i was very young. they have this aversion going to the doctor, because the doctor is a total stranger(?), because he costs money(?), or because we must adjust to his work schedule (?)..
    but when the neighbor's son came home from training as a doctor... aba! every other cough at pinapa-punta na kami sa kanyang bahay! it is only now that i am a doctor myself, that i pity that neighbor's son... trabaho na sa ospital, trabaho pa rin sa bahay...

a study on why even learned folks turn to alternative medicine, came up with... "because it aligns with their philosophy and/or expands their options".
    Last edited by dr. d; September 3rd, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pei pa koa ... panlaban sa sipon, etc

doctor ang nag-recommend sa akin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Traditional/folk/natural medicine