New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Both honest to goodness interview. There is no pharmaceutical drug to treat the virus. But traditonal chinese medicine has promising herbs way way back thousand of years ago. They won the award in the most pretigious nobel peace prize when a chinese scientist woman discovered a cure against the malaria.

Better to treat it with combination of tcm and western

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Tu Youyou turned to Chinese medical texts from the Zhou, Qing, and Han Dynasties to find a traditional cure for malaria, ultimately extracting a compound – artemisinin – that has saved millions of lives. When she isolated the ingredient she believed would work, she volunteered to be the first human subject. She is the first mainland Chinese scientist to have received a Nobel Prize in a scientific category, and she did so without a doctorate, a medical degree, or training abroad..(IN SHORT.FANIS)

The Lasker Foundation, which awarded Tu its Clinical Medical Research Award in 2011, called the discovery of artemisinin “arguably the most important pharmaceutical intervention in the last half-century.”

ang haba pa... cLick nyo compLete articLe

The Nobel Prize | Women who changed science | Tu Youyou

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Tu Youyou turned to Chinese medical texts from the Zhou, Qing, and Han Dynasties to find a traditional cure for malaria, ultimately extracting a compound – artemisinin – that has saved millions of lives. When she isolated the ingredient she believed would work, [U][FONT=Lucida Console][B]she volunteered to be the first human subject.
    first-generation products are usually not as pure as believed to be.
    many times, these first gen products are a very crude estimation of the purity of products several generations down the line.
    we are far luckier than we imagine.

but it is a natural product extracted from traditional medicine.
    she probably reasoned that it would not be poisonous.
    in my opinion, "she got lucky."

thruout history, such behavior was deemed 'necessary' by the scientist involved.
    reasons ranged from "if i do not think it is safe, what right do i have to demand that somebody else take it?",
    to "it was the easiest and fastest way..."

western corporate laws would probably consider such behavior among its top-notch people,
    a crime punishable by fire-ment.

in the other post,
    i posted that hers was not the first,
    and for sure, it won't be the last.
    i posted a list of eleven similar self-experimenters thru history.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 11th, 2022 at 02:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    As to self experimenters through history...

Let me add that emperor Shih Huang Ti also ingested mercury, since the "physicians" of the time hypothesized it would grant him longevity or, possibly eternal life.

...ayun, tigok.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    As to self experimenters through history...

Let me add that emperor Shih Huang Ti also ingested mercury, since the "physicians" of the time hypothesized it would grant him longevity or, possibly eternal life.

...ayun, tigok.
    if physicians were routinely put to death if their patients died despite their ministrations,
    na-ubusan na tayo ng manggagamot numerous times over.

there was a time,
    mercury and other toxic heavy metals were ingredients of various (legitimate, at that time) medications and make-up/skin products in history.

even today,
    there are true poisons being used in controlled doses, as active ingredient in legitimate medicine.

there is a running joke among the professions,
    "if physicians make a mistake, their mistakes get buried."
    "if lawyers make a mistake, they stand to make more money from the mistake."
    yikes! i'm in the wrong profession!
    heh heh.
    OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 11th, 2022 at 10:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    saw in facebook group "patients of dr tan (chen john and james tan)

Eden sewane
    3-5 minute online check-up with Dr. Tan. Salamat sa chinese herbs. Malaking tulong sa recovery ng tulad ko na may kakaibang sakit. Autoimmune disorders plus adverse effect ng covid vaccine. Si Doc parang kabisado na yata ang mga sakit �� minsan pag may nakalimutan akong sabihin na pakiramdam sa sakit ko, siya na ang nagtatanong.

Most recent milestone ko from taking his prescribed chinese med herbs, ang sgpt ko na 125 down to 22 na (normal level up to 35) in just two weeks. Last year nagkaron ng upshot ang sgpt ko to 2600 walang gamot sa western medicine at nanghina ako ng husto for ilang months hindi ko pa nadiscover si Dr Tan noon.

Tiyagaan sa pag-inom ng herbs, food restrictions, timely follow-up check-up.

comments
    BL maricris : Mam if I may ask, ano po autoimmune mo po?
    Baka parehas kayo ng mamy ko po

Eden Sewane: rheumatoid arthritis saka lichen planus po
    - - - - -
    - - - - -

Ako kagaLingan may commentary jan.

Ang masasabi ko bago yan 3 to 5minute checkup eh prior days hihingan ka ng laboratory test at rereviewhin tapos videocaLL na to check your physicaLs Like tongue. Ewan ko may sariLing pamamaraan tcm na effective but not perfect but better than western medicine.

As for me = i combine aLL of them but the most important "Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" (its the hippocratic oath for crying out Loud)

So basic & effective

#findyourheaLth

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    saw in facebook group "patients of dr tan (chen john and james tan)

Eden sewane
    3-5 minute online check-up with Dr. Tan. Salamat sa chinese herbs. Malaking tulong sa recovery ng tulad ko na may kakaibang sakit. Autoimmune disorders plus adverse effect ng covid vaccine. Si Doc parang kabisado na yata ang mga sakit �� minsan pag may nakalimutan akong sabihin na pakiramdam sa sakit ko, siya na ang nagtatanong.

Most recent milestone ko from taking his prescribed chinese med herbs, ang sgpt ko na 125 down to 22 na (normal level up to 35) in just two weeks. Last year nagkaron ng upshot ang sgpt ko to 2600 walang gamot sa western medicine at nanghina ako ng husto for ilang months hindi ko pa nadiscover si Dr Tan noon.

Tiyagaan sa pag-inom ng herbs, food restrictions, timely follow-up check-up.

comments
    BL maricris : Mam if I may ask, ano po autoimmune mo po?
    Baka parehas kayo ng mamy ko po

Eden Sewane: rheumatoid arthritis saka lichen planus po
    - - - - -
    - - - - -

Ako kagaLingan may commentary jan.

Ang masasabi ko bago yan 3 to 5minute checkup eh prior days hihingan ka ng laboratory test at rereviewhin tapos videocaLL na to check your physicaLs Like tongue. Ewan ko may sariLing pamamaraan tcm na effective but not perfect but better than western medicine.

As for me = i combine aLL of them but the most important "Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" (its the hippocratic oath for crying out Loud)

So basic & effective

#findyourheaLth
    propaganda.
    testimonial and plain folks.

basic truth.
    majority of human illness,
    spontaneously get better, despite absence of treatment.
    this is what some medical practitioners, me included, are counting on.

sometimes,
    because we are not aware of the background information of the patient,
    we are impressed at the seeming recovery.

there is a difference between treating the disease, and treating the symptoms.
    "if we can not treat the disease, let us at least treat the symptoms."

i do not know about my colleagues,
    but personally, i am not impressed by this narration of events.
    there is nothing there that points to a definite cause-and-effect relationship.
    "nagkataon-lang syndrome, siguro."
    after all, it is a waxing-waning autoimmune disease... things happen despite our ministrations, or lack thereof.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 24th, 2022 at 10:56 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    doc,

Ano yan another coincidence hahaha.

waLa gamot rheumatoid arthritis sa wester medicine. Papatayin ka kakainom steroids.

hindi magtatagaL yan kung hindi effective, nung 1990s pa tan si chou. PiLa-baLde jan.

up to now they dont have advertisement, no official facebook page, no contact #. Its pureLy word of mouth. The baddest tcm doctor in ncr

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^
    doc,

waLa gamot rheumatoid arthritis sa wester medicine. Papatayin ka kakainom steroids.

hindi magtatagaL yan kung hindi effective, nung 1990s pa tan si chou. PiLa-baLde jan.

up to now they dont have advertisement, no official facebook page, no contact #. Its pureLy word of mouth. The baddest tcm doctor in ncr
    Engot lang naniniwala diyan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^
    doc,

yes, conicidence is more common than we may imagine.
    einstein once declared, "God does not play dice...!"
    well, many scientists have since proven him wrong. God does place dice, and even throws curve balls.

so, what evidence do you have that the person got better due to the ministrations of that caregiver, and not because of coincidence?

facebook IS advertisement! subtle... but it is what it is... "i got better, and so will you!"
    anyone can type in a few choice keywords, and internet takes care of the rest.
    that's probably how you came to find the aforementioned article.

i am not against herbal medicine.
    some of western medicine's most potent formulas, come from plants and such.
    what i occasionally frown on, is when credit is given without proper investigation, i.e., plain folks and testimony propaganda.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 24th, 2022 at 11:44 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Traditional/folk/natural medicine