New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    So, in a nutshell... is Centrum alright? My diet consists mostly carbs (rice) and meat. I have to admit, my vegetable intake isn't that good... maybe 2 or 3 servings a week?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    So, in a nutshell... is Centrum alright? My diet consists mostly carbs (rice) and meat. I have to admit, my vegetable intake isn't that good... maybe 2 or 3 servings a week?
    Yes...Centrum is fine.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    This is a special case ... CANCER. And you don't need research to arrive at that conclusion. Only a STUPID, MISGUIDED physician would think otherwise. Why? ... You simply need to define cancer cells .... and they are anaplastic or abnormal cells characterized by UNCONTROLLED GROWTH that tend to invade surrounding tissue which sometimes metastasizes to distant body sites. This UNCONTROLLED GROWTH causes the tumor mass or BUKOL in Tagalog.

This UNCONTROLLED GROWTH of tumor cells meant these cells require MORE nutrients, vitamins, and minerals compared to normal cells, just to maintain it's biochemical reactions to reproduce rapidly.

To make it simple ... you DON'T want to provide MORE nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to the RAPIDLY UNCONTROLLED GROWTH of tumor cells.

This is not new information.
    Thanks for the info bro. The only thing that worries me is the fact that most of us are not aware whether we have cancer cells or not since it is always in the late stage that we detect these cells. There are also "bukol" detected to be benign but develop to be cancerous after few years. So don't you think it's alarming to continue taking vitamins if you have already the "bukol"?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    Thanks for the info bro. The only thing that worries me is the fact that most of us are not aware whether we have cancer cells or not since it is always in the late stage that we detect these cells.
    Actually, there are few reasons why cancer is detected at a later stage like:

1...Rapidly progressing...therefore no time to diagnose and manifest the symptoms such as Pancreatic Cancer. Most patients die even with treatment even if diagnosed and managed early.

2...Periodic health exams...I believe majority of Filipinos belong to the lower class, so they tend to only visit physicians at the last possible moment. But if you are to go to well developed countries where they value health care...it's a different story.

3...Patient compliance...believe it or not...most are not compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    There are also "bukol" detected to be benign but develop to be cancerous after few years. So don't you think it's alarming to continue taking vitamins if you have already the "bukol"?
    Those said benign mass that turns to be ugly might be casses of misdiagnosis by Pathologist. That is why a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th opinion is always better, specially when dealing with cancer treatment.

This is a good example...why not have the mass checked instead before taking various stuff to try alleviate the mass...right? The problem with Filipinos is some still believe in Quack doctors.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I have personally observed throughout the years that medicine has an inherent flaw in the maintenance, much less, the promotion of health. Much of that approach has to be attributed to a more "reactive approach" rather than a proactive one.

If you will notice, when you undergo a consultation or a test for that matter, it is diagnostic in nature. That means, if you don't have a condition that falls within the "parameters defined" by the medical community, then you're released with a "clean bill of health" to much relief---and so a lot of us think. Then, in an almost sudden occurence, you feel something, then go back to your doctor (or see another one), only to find out that you are diagnosed with a condition. The most common ones in this country? Cardio-related diseases, respiratory diseases, cancer, etc.

So the question is, if you were cleared a few months back, or a year back, why did you "suddenly" get this condition?

Let's go backtrack a bit...Perhaps you have the answer yourself.

1. What's your diet like? C'mon, honestly, if you haven't really thought about it the past number of years, well, there's always a first time. Track it down. Yes, every single bit of food that goes into your mouth.

Food is the body's fuel. And if we're so concerned that your car is getting 97 octane rating on your fuel, well, that thing is, just a thing. And your body is YOUR body. What's more important to you?

If you can classify your food intake, how would you classify it? How much percentage intake? Start counting.

Carbohydrates?
    Proteins?
    Fat?
    Fruit and Vegetables?

Do you supplement i.e. drink vitamins?

2. What kind of exercise do you have? How much physical activity do you have? Much? Not much? Define. Maybe the mouse is the best exercise you get?

Anyway, just to spare you of a litany, I just want to emphasize that much of what our health state is dependent on what we eat. I am not surprised that we have a high incidence of cardio vascular diseases, respiratory diseases, cancers, etc., because of of the lousy Filipino diet. It is high on carbohydrates (rice is a staple), and high on fat (we love to eat meat), and low on vegetables and fruits (we don't find it appealing in taste, much more, think its "an extra").

We have been suckered much into the fast food diet as evidenced by the growing popularity of fast food outlets and small stalls located at supermarket check out counters, stalls, malls, etc.

Here's the the reality check: what you eat, is what you're health will be. You want to BE healthy, and STAY healthy? Choose your food well, and you'll be in on your way.

A question of taste? Taste is neck-deep. After the food has passed through your mouth, its all about nutrition! So forget about taste! Here's a thing about taste. The best tasting food are always either sweet (especially for Pinoys) or high in fat. Because fat is the best medium for flavor delivery! Bummer.

Lastly, forget the diet pyramid. For the past 35 years or more, that thing has contributed to more obesity because you find the high glycemic foods in the lowest part of the pyramid i.e. rice, bread, pasta, potatoes. These high glycemic food are the main contributors to Type II diabetes, so stick to fruits and vegetables. They are low glycemic index foods. That means, they slowly release the carbs into your system as compared to the high indexed ones. A good example of this is someone who is "masungit" when they're hungry. You know why they're irritable? Its because they're having withdrawals from their glucose. They're what we call "crashing." When they're hungry, their glucose levels go down and it triggers this sort of reaction. To avoid it, stick to fruits and veggies. You'll have less of those swings. Proven.

Bottom line is, eat healthy, exercise, and supplement. Much of cooked food lose a lot of nutrients during preparation that's why we need to supplement. That is also why we have more conditions because our organs i.e. our livers are overwhelmed by other factors aside from food i.e. pollution, toxins, etc. Without the necessary nutrients to counteract these alien bodies, our body tries to cope and suffer most of the time. Learn more about nutrition, and you should be on your way. We dedicate so much time to other things but the irony is we spend less time knowing what is good for ourselves. So go on and be more diligent in what you eat.
    You'll feel better, look better, enjoy life, and live longer.

Hope this helps, folks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    It's an interesting post to know all the details and its very good to know these details. There are so many multi-vitamin supplements available in the market. It helps people to have it as a ready mix where they can select from the range whether as a drink or as a eatable item. There are no side effects covered in these supplements so people can consume with out thinking any thing bad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi,
    I have found a natural food supplement to aid all your ailments... its 100 percent natural. I came across USANA just these past few months, the thing is I feel easily tired,has re-occurring pain in my right abdomen, I go to the gym and I eat fruits and veggies, but also I ate a lot of noodles,preservatives and of course fast food( since I am working, its inevitable to not eat these sort of foods. Also my dad has several ailments such as arthritis and high blood to name a few. I researched a lot about USANA and according to what I have researched, its a a good company with great natural products, their products were used by famous people as well as athletes world wide. Convince with what I found out, We(dad and I) started taking the USANA essentials and grape seed extract. we were amazed because after 3 days of taking it, we started noticing good effects. My abdomen doesn't hurt, we sleep a lot better and are not tired at all!
    I heard there are vitamins that reacts to each other when joined together in a multivitamin, so be careful! the thing you think might save you might be the one imposing toxins in you... do a lot of research first, its your body what goes in it will not always go out.
    If you want to know more about USANA and its wonderful products you can get in touch with me here. I'll be more than happy to share my success stories and introduce you its product

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

somebody's promoting

USANA is MLM

overpriced products

no better than stuff you can buy at the store (Centrum, Kirkland etc)

want value for money?

buy supplements online at iherb or vitacost

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    or eat vegetables...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^^

somebody's promoting

USANA is MLM

overpriced products

no better than stuff you can buy at the store (Centrum, Kirkland etc)

want value for money?

buy supplements online at iherb or vitacost
    So pareho lang ang USANA sa mga regular vitamins sa market? mahilig kasi mother ko sa mga ganyan e, sabi ko pare pareho lang yan

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Question concerning Multi-Vitamins?