New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'll bite.

natural sugar is cheaper to manufacture than artificial sweetener, yata.
    it does not make sense to misleadingly label artificial sweetener as natural sugar, and then sell it at natural sugar prices.

artificial sweetener has beneficial effects to the diabetic and other weight-conscious consumers, who are willing to pay premium price. hence the label "artificial sweetener".
    consider the potentially expensive lawsuit, if they mislabeled natural sugar as artificial sweetener. the lawsuit will involve product mislabeling as well as the more expensive health mis-benefits brought about by its consumption.

there is belief that coconut sugar is potentially more beneficial, especially to diabetics.
    thus the important label "coconut sugar", and the potential health-related lawsuit should they be sued for mis-labeling non-coconut-as-coconut...

but i am curious... why is muscovado sugar priced so expensive? it is just pinulbos na panocha.

natural vinegar versus synthetic vinegar?
    "truth in advertising" is all.
    one still has to come up with the health issues...
    Its all about public perception. People think its healthier. Even though it should be cheaper because its not that "refined/cleaned". Look at Coke Light/Zero, it should be cheaper since they actually diluted it with water anyway.

Yung coco sugar being good for diabetics medyo questionable because its based on 1 study by UST and other groups could not replicate their results.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    A lot of people think this way -- fake = cancer causing because it has carcinogenic components added to it.. So they want "natural". Period.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Did they already named the vinegar brands? They are doing a disservice to the people by being a coward

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    hindi na tinuloy ni PNRI yung higher ups na nagsalita kumambyo na.

- - - - -

Ang problema kasi ito mga artificial products, bakit nagdidisguise as natural kung kaya nila i-angas na safe ang product?

And sa panlasa na lang ang layo eh.

Im not saying na hindi ok artificail. May tinatake ako amino acid na synthetic.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^
    hindi na tinuloy ni PNRI yung higher ups na nagsalita kumambyo na.

- - - - -

Ang problema kasi ito mga artificial products, bakit nagdidisguise as natural kung kaya nila i-angas na safe ang product?

And sa panlasa na lang ang layo eh.

Im not saying na hindi ok artificail. May tinatake ako amino acid na synthetic.
    This is what i hate about the media here.
    Sa ibang bansa, pinangalanan na yan as a warning to all. Dito takot or ang mindset is negative publicity is still publicity. What's the sense of reporting it they are not going to provide full details.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    medyo nalalabuan din ako sa news.. Sana medyo specific sila.. Like gaano kadami ba ang pag intake ng suka na pwedeng mag result sa cancer..

Kasi sa bahay hindi naman lagi ginagamit ang suka.. at kung ipanluto naman sya konti lang din naman ilalagay.. kung gagawing sawsawan.. Sawsaw lang hindi naman lagok..

(e.g. sa seminar about HIV.. sabi ng health workers 1 litrong laway daw ang kelangan bago ka mahawa ng HIV.. salamat sa QC na every year required ang Occupational Permit [emoji24][emoji31])

Sana naman yung news hindi yung maka create lang ng panic.. Mag spread naman sana sila ng information na reliable and complete.. *sigh*

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    medyo nalalabuan din ako sa news.. Sana medyo specific sila.. Like gaano kadami ba ang pag intake ng suka na pwedeng mag result sa cancer..

Kasi sa bahay hindi naman lagi ginagamit ang suka.. at kung ipanluto naman sya konti lang din naman ilalagay.. kung gagawing sawsawan.. Sawsaw lang hindi naman lagok..

(e.g. sa seminar about HIV.. sabi ng health workers 1 litrong laway daw ang kelangan bago ka mahawa ng HIV.. salamat sa QC na every year required ang Occupational Permit [emoji24][emoji31])

Sana naman yung news hindi yung maka create lang ng panic.. Mag spread naman sana sila ng information na reliable and complete.. *sigh*

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    all of this sprung out from the reported findings of one of the researchers.
    i saw a video clip of that person.
    in my opinion, his presentation of their findings, left much to be desired.
    he should have just said, "here are our findings".

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    -
    -

ngayon ka lang kumilos negosyante deparment of health. Inutil!!!!

DOH tests 300 vinegar brands for synthetic acetic acid
    ABS-CBN News
    Posted at May 25 2019 04:18 PM

MANILA - The Department on Health is testing 300 local and imported vinegar brands sold in the country to check if these condiments use banned ingredients, a health official said Saturday.

The testing was done weeks after the Philippine Nuclear Research Institute found that 80 percent of vinegar sold in the country are not made from natural ingredients.

The agency is prioritizing the testing of local brands and initial results are due next week, Health Undersecretary Rolando Domingo said. He refused to identify the particular vinegar brands.

Synthetic acetic acid has no health risks but is not allowed in the country, he said.

The Department of Science and Technology and the Food and Drug Administration earlier conducted separate studies to check the ingredients used in vinegar and other condiments.

"Condiments usually undergo the process of fermentation, and the raw materials must come from fruits and other natural products," Raymond Sucgang, Section Head of the PNRI Nuclear Analytical Techniques Applications Section, earlier said.

"One can only imagine all the impurities and residues from the petroleum by-products, which can be the source of various degenerative diseases," he said.

Brands of soy sauce, fish sauce and ketchup would also be tested in the succeeding weeks, the agencies earlier said.

DOH tests 3 vinegar brands for synthetic acetic acid | ABS-CBN News

*dapat ayusin ng tsikot forum pag nagpost ng link. 300 vinegar yan pero 3 lang lumalabas.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    -
    -

DOH tests 3 vinegar brands for synthetic acetic acid | ABS-CBN News

*dapat ayusin ng tsikot forum pag nagpost ng link. 300 vinegar yan pero 3 lang lumalabas.
    Don't worry. People here are not using free data to access tsikot. So they won't be judging using headlines only. [emoji16]

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Time and time again tumutumpak na naman ako!!!!

the most corrupt agency, not customs, not bir, but FDA!!!!! I super agree!!!!! Isama mo na din DOH!!!!

Bulgar na bulgar si FDA ngayon. Kaya pala tinanggal si charade puno eh dahil kay raffy tulfo. Butinga sayo!!!! Pucha pati katol ang renewal ng permit eh 25milyones!!!! Grabe naman!!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
PNRI: 15 vinegar brands made from cancer-causing synthetic acetic acid