New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    24 Oras: PNRI: 15 vinegar brands made from cancer-causing synthetic acetic acid

Published on May 10, 2019
    Fifteen out of 17 brands of vinegar sold in major supermarkets in the Philippines are made from cancer-causing synthetic acetic acid, a year-long study by the Philippine Nuclear Research Institute (PNRI) has indicated.

- - - - -

So ano dapat bilhin = Basahin if fermented from cane sugar or coconut. Two of the most common in the philippines.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    24 Oras: PNRI: 15 vinegar brands made from cancer-causing synthetic acetic acid

Published on May 10, 2019
    Fifteen out of 17 brands of vinegar sold in major supermarkets in the Philippines are made from cancer-causing synthetic acetic acid, a year-long study by the Philippine Nuclear Research Institute (PNRI) has indicated.
    i wish they had emphasized on what's in the item, that makes it un-healthy.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wish they had emphasized on what's in the item, that makes it un-healthy.
    Isn't it the synthetic acetic acid part Doc?

Because it's artificially made and inorganic, perhaps?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    patay ka datu puti

yari ka silver swan

Kaya nga dati ko pa sinasabi wala ako tiwala sa Department of Health ng pinas dahil MUKHANG KWARTA. Wala sa isip kung ano ikakabuti.

Masyado na napagiwanan ang DOH. Eh sa asin na lang ang hirap bumili ng natural rock salt. Over iodized na pinoy kaya nagkandaleche-leche hormones. Look gaano kahaba pila sa mga endocrinologist. So iodization of salt hindi nakakatulong yan. Bring it back sa pure goodness of salt

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Isn't it the synthetic acetic acid part Doc?

Because it's artificially made and inorganic, perhaps?
    CH3COOH is CH3COOH, however it was made.

if the final product comes with admixtures of other, potentially harmful, chemicals, the researchers should have said so, and identified these. after all, they had the high-tech machinery...
    instead, the guy just mentions it somewhat, in one brief statement.
    the entire report comes on, to me, as a smear campaign.

i find the usfda item in the other thread, more useful.
    in it, the agency simply said that "vinegar" is vinegar, because it was made in such and such manner, and that diluted acetic acid is not vinegar, because it was not made in such and such manner.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    patay ka datu puti

yari ka silver swan

Kaya nga dati ko pa sinasabi wala ako tiwala sa Department of Health ng pinas dahil MUKHANG KWARTA. Wala sa isip kung ano ikakabuti.

Masyado na napagiwanan ang DOH. Eh sa asin na lang ang hirap bumili ng natural rock salt. Over iodized na pinoy kaya nagkandaleche-leche hormones. Look gaano kahaba pila sa mga endocrinologist. So iodization of salt hindi nakakatulong yan. Bring it back sa pure goodness of salt
    talaga! sinabi nilang hindi natural vinegar ang datu puti and silver swan?

kags, sa palengke, maraming natural salt na hindi artificially iodized.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    talaga! sinabi nilang hindi natural vinegar ang datu puti and silver swan?

kags, sa palengke, maraming natural salt na hindi artificially iodized.
    They didn't mention any brand at all, though the should have mentioned the offending brands, imo. Now everyone is suspect.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    CH3COOH is CH3COOH, however it was made.

if the final product comes with admixtures of other, potentially harmful, chemicals, the researchers should have said so, and identified these. after all, they had the high-tech machinery...
    instead, the guy just mentions it somewhat, in one brief statement.
    the entire report comes on, to me, as a smear campaign.

i find the usfda item in the other thread, more useful.
    in it, the agency simply said that "vinegar" is vinegar, because it was made in such and such manner, and that diluted acetic acid is not vinegar, because it was not made in such and such manner.
    Incomplete and inaccurate reporting from a media organization, what's new, right?

Anything to sensationalize the topic so they get more viewers, more clicks, more advertising revenue.

I see your point though Doc, it would help if they specified what chemicals they found harmful.

I thought that because it was artificially made using synthetics, which are often harmful in themselves AFAIK.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Incomplete and inaccurate reporting from a media organization, what's new, right?

Anything to sensationalize the topic so they get more viewers, more clicks, more advertising revenue.

I see your point though Doc, it would help if they specified what chemicals they found harmful.

I thought that because it was artificially made using synthetics, which are often harmful in themselves AFAIK.
    yespo.
    we need science writers who know how to separate the chaff from the grain.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Agree that guy should have explained it clearer, parang ang pagkakaintindi ko dahil sa Synthetic and from its manufacturing there will be some impurities left and that impurities ang makakapag cause ng cancer and not the synthetic acetic acid itself....Kase it is approved naman for human consumption ang mga food grade synthetic materials..i.e. mga vitamins supplements look at their label mostly synthetic derived.....

So synthetic products ba tlaga masama or was it the impurities that comes with it? Sa end of the report parang sabi me synthetic materials daw....ano ba tlaga?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
PNRI: 15 vinegar brands made from cancer-causing synthetic acetic acid