New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^haha. yup, mahirap talaga tanggihan. considering yun ata mga biggest payday nung mga nakalaban ni pac.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    So now margarito will be a walking corpse at 151lbs. And his camp is saying otherwise?

That mexican fought at 147lbs. He lost his title to Mosley at 147lbs, and pacman is now draining him at 151lbs?

Anong klaseng math yan?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok na yan pag walang catchweight ek ek alang Laban pag alang Laban ala tayo papanoorin

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    So now margarito will be a walking corpse at 151lbs. And his camp is saying otherwise?

That mexican fought at 147lbs. He lost his title to Mosley at 147lbs, and pacman is now draining him at 151lbs?

Anong klaseng math yan?
    HAHA! Go PACMAN!:cheer2: siguro iba diyan lagi sa kabila pumupusta, ubos lagi ...kaya yan..jk.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Anong klaseng math yan?
    well not really, but as you've said, margo will murder manny at 154 (maybe or maybe not since mabagal si margo, un nga lang at this weight mas kakayanin niya tanggapin mga suntok ni pac).. lets just say na let them fight sa max weight ng class. that's it. wag na niya pilitin umakyat tapos mag seset sila ng weight limit. all im saying is respect the maximum weight by the division. we all know na ang natitirang advantage ni margo is yung height at weight niya if ever sa 154 sila. its a title bout, sana kung non-title yan. i just don't get it. bakit kelangan niya mag set pa ng limit sa weight class na may limit naman na talaga. kung hindi mo kaya sa limit ng weight class na un, wag ka na umakyat. if its a non-title bout ok lang yan.

drained or not drained, alam natin mas malaki chance ni margo at 154.

BTW, im not against pac and im definitely rooting for him. i just dont like ung mga catchweights sa title bout.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I have immeasurable respect for Pacquiao as a boxer (though not much with regards to other things, politics especially). That said, what flakez and shadow have been pointing out with fervor, which is that Pac shouldn't fight title fights at catchweights, is logically valid.

And I'm pretty sure that the camps of Manny's opponents have thought of that too. Why risk a belt at a weight they're not comfortable with? However, I hope it doesn't discount anyone's respect to Manny's prowess as a boxer. I believe that he's just using whatever he has to further improve his boxing career. And by "whatever he has", I'm referring to his growing influence. Clearly he can dictate whether to fight or not at whatever weight division. Only Mayweather is stubborn enough not to give in to the pressure Arum's camp and the media are bringing on. Also, as stated previously by others, the allure of money and the possibility of unparalleled prestige (if they do beat Pacquiao) is hard to equal.

Had he not been the celebrated boxer that he is right now, I doubt he could demand fights at catchweights. Ergo, his only way up is to fight at max weight all the time. But of course, that isn't the case. He has the option to demand fights at catchweights, and he takes that option because it's safer for him in all ways possible.

All I'm saying is that the predicament of the numerous catchweight fights can indirectly be attributed to his previous achievements.

Whatever the case, all I'm hoping for is Pacquiao to continue reaching greater heights. Only when he boxes do I feel that the country is united.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    if he already cleared his division and he still wants to fight. then go to the next division if he can, which is 154 not 150 as you've said catchweight is not a division. i mean, let his opponents fight at max weight.
    hahaha i wish you can be in pacman's shoes
    as i said it's not him who wants to move up, but the circumstances, otherwise there's no more fight that can be booked for him...
    for all we know there is a regulating authority in the boxing sports... they decide the provisions of the game... not us

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ang akin lang naman eh be clear minded. Pacman will be gaining weight for the fight, so there goes his speed. and besides junior middleweight is between 148 and 154, and it's a vacant title. The two camp has to compromise for the fight to happen and find the agreed weight fair enough. And who is margo to complain.

Kung naging matapang lang sana yung dapat na kalaban.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung naging matapang lang sana yung dapat na kalaban.
    I'll put it bluntly,- Duwag si GayWeather. Abo ang laman ng kanyan yagb*ls... :hysterical:

11.0K:dunno:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    it's all about the money!! money manny money!

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Pacquiao vs Margarito