New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Malapit na ang laban, sa Nov. 14, 2010 na, at malaki na naman ang kikitain ni Pacman
    Pacquiao to earn $25M from Margarito fight

By Nicholas von Wettberg
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 09:06:00 10/24/2010

CALIFORNIA, United States—World pound-for-pound champion Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao stands to earn as much as $25 million from his November 13 fight against Mexican American Antonio "Tijuana Tornado" Margarito, according to his promoter Bob Arum.
    "Manny is guaranteed $15 million for the fight, and including his share from the pay-per-view upside, he could make as much as $22 million to $25 million," Arum said in a phone interview from Manila.
    Arum, chief executive of Top Rank Promotions, predicts that Pacquiao vs Margarito will exceed the almost 1.2 million PPV sales generated by Pacquiao's fight with Puerto Rican star Miguel Cotto last November 14.
    The top boxing impresario also said Margarito, who is guaranteed $3 million for his biggest pay check, could earn as much as $7 million to $8 million if the PPV sales hit 1.3 million or more, as expected.
    Pacquiao's distractions
    Arum said he was glad that Pacquiao, who has had a hard time keeping his training schedule, is finally focusing on his preparations for his stab at a record-extending eighth world title in as many weight classes.
    He stressed that Pacquiao has to be at his best to beat the bigger and stronger Margarito.
    "I know that Margarito is training extra hard for this fight. I know that for a fact because I get updates from my fighters' camps," Arum said. "Manny is everyone's favorite, but if he comes less that 100 percent for the fight he could lose."
    The Hall of Fame promoter branded as "crazy" the widening odds which showed Pacquiao now a 6-1 favorite in some online betting outlets to steamroll Margarito.
    "Six-to-one odd is just crazy. To me the odds should be something like 2-1 or thereabouts," he explained.
    Source: www.inquirer.net

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    san maganda manood?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kailangan pag-igihan ni Pacman ito. Maraming naging distractions sa training nya sa Baguio.

Nevertheless......Pacquiao pa rin.

Huwag lang siyang maunahan ni Margarito.

$25M? Sangkatutak na pera!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *chua Nabawasan pa nga ata nawala na yung mga tsikas....

Pacquiao pa rin....

mucho nanaman si Pacquiao....

tsaka tfc!!!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Napanood nyo na ba HBO 24/7?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    yes naka download na ako ng HBO 24/7 part 1..nakabili na din ako ng payper sa dream tv kase meron sila promo early bird is 500 lang, ngayon 650 na ang payperview sa dream wala na yung promo

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhHdpRxqKE"]YouTube - Antonio Margarito's Greatest Hits (HBO)[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung hinde tuyo si Margarito sa catchweight (again) na 150-151 lbs. then malaki chance niya. but I think piga nanaman si Margarito like DelaHoya and Cotto.

if he could use his height, reach and weight advantage magandang laban. pag sabayan siya alangin din siguro pero kung maunhana niya si Pacyou...delikado

advantage ni Pacyou eh mabilis tamaan si Margarito
    Last edited by shadow; October 25th, 2010 at 10:27 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    marga has unfair advantage, kase loaded ang gloves niya. check out his last two fights he can barely hurt his opponent

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    marga has unfair advantage, kase loaded ang gloves niya. check out his last two fights he can barely hurt his opponent
    Oo nga e, nahuli siya noong laban niya kay Mosley, at talo siya, dapat icheck mabuti ang gloves niya...

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
Pacquiao vs Margarito