New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    ayan na po nasa history na si pacman.. first asean na nagkaroon ng ganung title!!!
    He is the first from Southeast Asia but not the first Asian since 3 Japanese and 1 Mongolian have held the lightweight title prior to Pacman. If he wins welterweight that would be a first for all Asians.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I don't agree that all of Pacquiao's opponents have been fall-men... he's fought some very good guys, and has sometimes lost.

Welterweight will be a real test. Pacquiao really outclassed Diaz in terms of boxing speed, per se, but bigger fighters need more power to knock-out. If Pacquiao were bulking up from a younger age, maybe he could put enough muscle on... but at his age, I don't know.

And it remains to be seen if Pac-Man can keep his speed as he sizes up. We'll see... we'll see.

Hatton may be a good match since Pacman is just an inch shorter. The weight may be not as much an issue since he won't have to lose weight and he's shown that his natural weight means speed and more power for him. I agree that the guys he fought weren't exactly has beens with the exception of the last Morales fight.

I'd like to see him fight somebody not from Mexico or Latin America. Maybe Nate Campbell the WBA,IBF, & WBO lightweight champion would be a good test and if he wins he'll unify the division. Then he can fight Edwin Valero and hand him his first defeat. Move up 5lbs and fight Hatton next then be the biggest thing in boxing since Ali, Sugar Ray, and Tyson. Heck, that may convice Mayweather to come out of retirement. After which he can run for President of the Republic. Ooops got away from myself on that one I forgot I'm not his promoter.
    Last edited by redorange; July 1st, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    ayan na po nasa history na si pacman.. first asean na nagkaroon ng ganung title!!!
    Yes, kung ako sa kanya, makikipag kuntsaba na ko kay bob arum – to arrange many fights na puro ako mananalo hehe. Di na bale sabihing mga walang kwentang mga kalaban basta lahat kami magkaka pera in the end. Tapos sabay retire na. tama na yun! Mag-artista, politiko or bold star pa kung gusto niya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heard that he would have his last fight next year against Hatton, then retire na siya ang will run again on 2010, yun daw ang career plan niya maging politician...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wag naman sana.

Just stick to what you know...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes Dahil dito http://www.abante.com.ph/issue/july0108/default.htm

Pacman requested to Arum to make diaz's purse 1million us dollars

Pure class.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    a pacquiao-hatton fight will be the best treat for us boxing fans but it willl not happen this year as each will have their separate opponents late this year. . .it seems like a fight with valero has been scheduled on nov 8th. . .another boxer who will be receiving his biggest paycheck to date and a share of the limelight for luckily crossing the path with pacman. . .

magaling na ba talaga utak nyan?. . .baka pag bumagsak hindi na makatayo 'yan. . .now 2 weightclasses lower but si boom boom bautista ang magandang ilaban ke valero. . .'yan ang masarap panoorin na laban. . .bawal kumurap

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    heard that he would have his last fight next year against Hatton, then retire na siya ang will run again on 2010, yun daw ang career plan niya maging politician...
    not a very good career plan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think he is. his record speaks for itself. he's fought everyone who was relevant in the classes he has been in, and is now a champion in every class he's fought in. and you can't say the generation of fighters he's been up against is weak in any way.

with the retirement of Floyd Jr, he's the consensus pound-for-pound best. who even belongs in the same discussion in Asean boxers? his resume outweighs Flash Elorde's, and it's pointless to engage in what-if scenarios with the late great Pancho Villa (he died young so we'll never know).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    t*e...double post :seeth:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think he is. And he should just concentrate on boxing and make more money for himself and his family. No one, at this point in time can beat him in his class.

If he wants to help his countrymen,- then he should start a family business that will employ them; not diving into the filthy political arena.

6303:fetch:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Is Pacquiao the greatest ASEAN boxer of all times na kaya?