New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    THe big C...

Legendary PBA import Bobby Parks in intensive care | InterAKTV

PBA Hall of Fame import Bobby Parks, who battled laryngeal cancer several years ago, is reportedly currently in intensive care from an apparent relapse of his illness.

The news was relayed to InterAKTV by San Miguel Beermen coach Leo Austria, who replaced Parks at the helm of the ASEAN Basketball League squad.

“I was told by (assistant coach) Alvin Teng that Bobby is in the ICU. We’ve talked to the team and we’re planning to pay a visit tomorrow (Wednesday),” said Austria, who took over coaching reins last October from Parks.

A few weeks ago, Parks’ close friend Norman Black told InterAKTV that he had paid his fellow former import a visit at the hospital. “Not good” was how the Talk ‘N Text coach described Parks condition.

San Miguel Corporation executive Noli Eala wrote on his Twitter account about his visit to the seven-time PBA Best Import on Tuesday. “Please continue to pray for Bobby Parks. He needs all our prayers and support,” Eala posted.

Austria said his last communication with Parks came last November after he greeted the latter on his birthday.

Parks also holds a position with National University, for which his son Ray stars for the Bulldogs. But NU athletic director Junel Baculi said he’s had no contact with Parks since last year.

“He’s my assistant, but I haven’t spoken to him since November,” said Baculi. “I hope he gets better soon.”

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Let us all pray for Bobby Parks speedy recovery...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    RIP Bobby....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    he was a credit to basketball. RIP mr parks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May his soul rest in peace

7. Join Date