New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sumalosep......sandali lang, tutulog na ako.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...y-death--study

LONDON--People who get less than six hours sleep per night have an increased risk of dying prematurely, researchers said on Wednesday.

Those who slumbered for less than that amount of time were 12 percent more likely to die early, though researchers also found a link between sleeping more than nine hours and premature death.

"If you sleep little, you can develop diabetes, obesity, hypertension and high cholesterol," Francesco Cappuccio, who led research on the subject at Britain's University of Warwick, told AFP.

The study, conducted with the Federico II University in Naples, Italy, aggregated decade-long studies from around the world involving more than 1.3 million people and found "unequivocal evidence of the direct link" between lack of sleep and premature death.

"We think that the relation between little sleep and illness is due to a series of hormonal and metabolical mechanisms," Cappuccio said.

The findings of the study were published in the Sleep journal.

Cappuccio believes the duration of sleep is a public health issue and should be considered as a behavioral risk factor by doctors.

"Society pushes us to sleep less and less," Cappuccio said, adding that about 20 percent of the population in the United States and Britain sleeps less than five hours.

Sleeping less than six hours is "more common amongst full-time workers, suggesting that it may be due to societal pressures for longer working hours and more shift work"

The study also found a link between sleeping more than nine hours per night and premature death, but Cappuccio said oversleeping is more likely to be an effect of illness, rather than a cause.

"Doctors never ask how much one sleeps, but that could be an indicator that something is wrong," said Cappuccio, who heads the Sleep, Health and Society Programme at the University of Warwick.

Research showed no adverse effects for those sleeping between six and eight hours per day.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

O, e di tama lang ang 6 to 8 hours of sleep per day.... Mahirap din ang tulug ng tulog.... May tawag diyan,- katuga.....

9808:goodluck:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess there was something to the saying about burning a candle at both ends...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    edi okay lang matulog ng 12am, wag lang 1am

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat mabasa ito ng mga taga call centers...........

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Natutulog naman yata sila,- pero sinusundot muna ng gimik at beer.... (Have chanced upon a group here in Total, Sucat a few weeks earlier at 3AM,- drinking beer. I passed by the gas station as I was buying a cup of brewed coffee to jumpstart my day as I am fetching wifey from the airport. I asked the lady at the counter and she told that they are the same group of young people(guys and gals) who regularly visit their establishment during those unholy hours... )

9808:goodluck:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Dapat mabasa ito ng mga taga call centers...........
    ang mga call center agents na pang night shift, ay mga gising sa gabi, tulog sa umaga...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    one of the reasons why i quit my call center job before..... all of us in our team, after 6 months of working, suffers from hypertension....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    one of the reasons why i quit my call center job before..... all of us in our team, after 6 months of working, suffers from hypertension....
    May kumare naman kami, nang mag-work s call center, namayat.....

And she hates the rotating brownouts, big time. Pa'no ka nga naman makakatulog ng maayos sa umaga kung walang kuryente......
    Last edited by chua_riwap; May 7th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what if 4hrs lang tulog ko sa gabi then sa araw 4 hrs ullit??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lack of sleep linked to early death--study