New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Honestly, i hope the excise tax on sugar can indirectly save lives of some diabetics
    knowing these mandaraya-betics, i doubt it.
    they'll just find other ways to satisfy their lust for C12 H22 O11.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2018 at 01:32 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Condolence po.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Condolence kaibigan...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm not sure how young my Uncle was when he had diabetes. I think he was in his 40s, then his health just went downhill in more or less a decade

My Uncle did not watch what he ate. Whenever I would see him at the weekend market, he was always carrying a 1.5L bottle of coke zero. He would take me around to chit chat with his friends and treat me out. Even if I had company, he would pay for everyone. A true Atenean gentleman. I can't help but cry whenever I would read posts saying how young he was and how they remember him for his good looks and sense of humor. How I wish he had children to carry on his genes

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    blood test na... [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Too much carbo in diet, smoking and sleep deprivation are the leading causes of type 2 diabetes in adults.
    Softdrinks, i.e, coke, ice tea etc., are only second to the above.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm not sure how young my Uncle was when he had diabetes. I think he was in his 40s, then his health just went downhill in more or less a decade

My Uncle did not watch what he ate. Whenever I would see him at the weekend market, he was always carrying a 1.5L bottle of coke zero. He would take me around to chit chat with his friends and treat me out. Even if I had company, he would pay for everyone. A true Atenean gentleman. I can't help but cry whenever I would read posts saying how young he was and how they remember him for his good looks and sense of humor. How I wish he had children to carry on his genes
    i watch what i eat! and after watching them, i eat them.

"now, why would you want his children to suffer from the same diabetes like him?"
    but yes, i know what you mean.
    it is just that, one can not separate the good looks gene, from the diabetes gene."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 20th, 2018 at 12:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i watch what i eat! and after watching them, i eat them.

now, why would you want his children to suffer from the same diabetes like him?
    If he had children, is it 100% guaranteed that they will be diabetic? Even if they did, they could still live full lives as long as they take care of themselves. He is type II diabetic and only had it in his 40s.

Sayang lang because my Uncle is very good looking, intelligent and charismatic. He could just live off of his parents money but he built a business that he could have passed on to his children. I'm not saying this just because he is my Uncle, marami pangit na mahina pa ulo sa family ko (careful who you marry talaga kasi affected offspring)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    If he had children, is it 100% guaranteed that they will be diabetic? Even if they did, they could still live full lives as long as they take care of themselves. He is type II diabetic and only had it in his 40s.

Sayang lang because my Uncle is very good looking, intelligent and charismatic. He could just live off of his parents money but he built a business that he could have passed on to his children. I'm not saying this just because he is my Uncle, marami pangit na mahina pa ulo sa family ko (careful who you marry talaga kasi affected offspring)
    diabetes is a multifactorial disease.
    certainly, the diabetes gene is there.
    but the environmental factors also play a very palpable role in the development of the disease. diet and lifestyle, for example. these children must be trained how to eat, lest they succumb to diabetes like their parents.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015

my dad was diabetic..died early 50s, btw ..im not diabetic..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast