New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cutedoc: Alala nyo PM ko sa inyo dati? Natuloy na hehe, just came back from Lapid's this afternoon, buti painless phew. 1 session nalang para isara.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    good for you theveed=) your one of those few people who really value their teeth=)

no teeth no food no food you die=)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kailangan eh, sama ng history ng dental health ko

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    for a more proper procedure
    1. consult your dentist, he would ask about your medical and dental history, this is important, like if you have exixting diabetes or heart disease it should be known to the operator,proper medication will be prescribe
    2. after surgery or tooth extraction, pack in the cotton or sterilized gauze every 15 min or until bleeding stops
    3. put ice pack in the area within 24 hours as the case may be simple tooth extraction, 3-4 hours is enough
    4. take medication for pain,swelling, and antibiotics as prescribed
    5. avoid hot food as these may cause bleeding
    6. no smoking and drinikng before and surgery
    7. brush teeth after eating, gargle with mouthwash or saltwater
    8. dont play with the extraction site, dont use fork, toothpich or finger to poke the wound
    Bro, i agree to all your answers re: all thier questions posted here.Im also a dentist from antipolo, buti na lang may mga ibang paraan parin for us to reach out sa mga pasyente who needs our professional advices.Gud luck and more power, mabuhay ka.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow me kasama na akong dentist dito, ayos=)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ko alam kung ano opinion ng mga dentists, but kami we try to avoid using alcohol based mouthwash like Listerine, Astring-o-sol etc...

Nakakatuyo ng bibig, eh diba the dryer the mouth, the faster bacteria forms?

We used to buy yung local na alcohol free mouthwash (forgot the name hehe Ora Care ata?), but found Lander na alcohol free, yun nalang gamit namin, mas mura and larger bottle kasi.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    THEVEED,actually mouthwash are just adjunct in maintaining good oral hygiene but the most important factor of all is effective brushing and proper diet. Wag pupunta sa dentista kung kelan masakit na ang ipin at namamaga kasi mas magastos talaga, karamihan kasi punta dentista pag yung ipin nila eh sobrang bulok na eh usually kapag ganoon na ang case its either save the tooth thru root canal treatment or extraction.Kulang din kasi talaga mga pinoy pagdating sa dental education/awareness kaya ganon. We are trying our best new breed of dentists, na tanggalin ang markadong "doctor bunot" ang sakit sa tenga pakinggan.
    I hope na sana mas makatulong pa kami sa iba kahit man lang paano in regards sa pagalaga ng ipin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga dentista,

Magkano ba usually pa-crown ang molar?

Finally natapos na lahat ng sessions ko sa RCT, but medyo manipis na daw yung tooth and dapat nang i-crown after 6 mos or so..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How crucial is time when having RCT?

I had a toothache last night and immediately went to the dentist this afternoon because I am kinda obssessed about taking care of my teeth.

My dentist, the head dentist is in the US and won't be back until Friday so it was his associate that checked my teeth. She took an xray of my tooth and showed me that I have a big cavity on my molar. I said I could only stay for 30 mins because I have work so she immediately scheduled me for tomorrow so she could open my tooth up and see if it could be saved with just filling or if it's bad, RCT.

I am having second thoughts on whether I should have it done by her since I am hiyang with my head dentist plus of course he's the best there. My dilemma is if I delay it for one more week to wait for my dentist to arrive from the US, will my tooth get worse?

I am so depressed because I really take care of my teeth, I have prophy every 3 months and I still developed cavities!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    theveed - porcelain fused to metal jacket crown starts at 5000 per tooth, it may go higher depending on the brand and the material of choice, there would be several brands for a porcelain material and the metal fused to porcelain varies in quality as well...

cathy for you - if you do prefer your head dentist to do your root canal treatment then you may ask the operating dentist to put a temporary filling material for the meantime OR you may leave it as is while waiting for your preferred dentist, if you do have your oral prophylaxis every after 3 months the dentist could suggest and asses on the conditions of your teeth.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
dentists: question about root canal