New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    talking about these barefoot shoes, where do you buy toe socks for these?

i don't wear toe socks for my fivefingers

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Well padded ba mga five-finger shoes? It might not be good for you if you're an under/over pronator.

i watched a Modern Marvels episode about shoes. It said they were able to trace the beginnings of shoes by studying the bones on the feet -- i.e. bigla daw lumiit once man started wearing shoes. Makes sense naman, your body adjusts to your environment routine, the more stress a certain part undergoes, the more solid the muscles, bones, ligaments etc become. So i guess me sense yung sinabi niya.

Kaso, if you overtrain naman, or use equipment that's not suited for you, you get injured, sometimes permanently. That doesn't do you any good either

Better ask a sports doctor or something for the real deal. imho if there were any truth to barefoots being superior for running, all the pros would be wearing them.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Well padded ba mga five-finger shoes? It might not be good for you if you're an under/over pronator.

i watched a Modern Marvels episode about shoes. It said they were able to trace the beginnings of shoes by studying the bones on the feet -- i.e. bigla daw lumiit once man started wearing shoes. Makes sense naman, your body adjusts to your environment routine, the more stress a certain part undergoes, the more solid the muscles, bones, ligaments etc become. So i guess me sense yung sinabi niya.

Kaso, if you overtrain naman, or use equipment that's not suited for you, you get injured, sometimes permanently. That doesn't do you any good either

Better ask a sports doctor or something for the real deal. imho if there were any truth to barefoots being superior for running, all the pros would be wearing them.
    not a fan of barefoot running also. barefoot running will help you train how to run the right way but that does not mean you run a race with it. maskina hindi ka naka barefoot shoe you can train the right kind of gait naman, it just takes discipline. pagbarefoot kasi wala kang choice but to strike mid or fore foot first kumbaga forced ka tumakbo ng ganyan. you can do this on regular shoes and you cannot change your gait overnight.

studies reason that people have been running barefoot during old days, but did they run on cemented roads back then? maskina kabayo nga kailangan ng horse shoe para hindi mainjure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
"barefoot" type of training shoes...?