New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malamang mga doctors na may-ari ng hospital yan or like belo group. hindi naman lahat ng doctor malaki ang income. kaya nga marami ang nag aabroad as nurse.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gel_salazar07
    Kala ko mahina ang kita ng mga doctor dito at nagaalisan para maging nurse saibang bansa? Tapos kya nila magbayad ng ganun kalaking tax para di makasuhan! Gheezz!!
    [RANT ON]

Don't take every piece of news that you read as gospel truth. News, as a rule, has to be sensational in order to be newsworthy. No one wants to hear about the tens of thousands of doctors who are making middle-income wages and who are paying taxes on time. No, they want to hear about the aberrations to the norm, the doctors who number a few hundred who make millions and millions of pesos a year.

Well gheezz yourself. I've got news for you. Life is hard in the country even for doctors, especially doctors like my wife who are serving in the province, sometimes daring to start over in an entirely new place where they are needed and where competition from other doctors isn't so stiff. And yes, we are tempted every f*cking day to go to America or Canada or some other country that appreciates its work force and pays them justly. My wife has been practicing for over five years and we are still living in a rented two bedroom apartment, for goodness sake.

So before you start making sweeping generalizations about doctors having it so good compared to other Filipinos and making money by the millions, go out and actually get to know some of them. Accompany them on emergency calls at 2 a.m. or stay with them as they watch over a patient for four straight hours until the poor fellow stabilizes, and see if their sacrifice is worth the P400 in professional fees that they get or if they should be getting more.

[RANT OFF]

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pwede ung 50M/year sabi ng fiancee ko....depende nga lang kung sikat/magaling ka at kung ano ine specialize mo...malaki daw kita sa surgery, internal med at derma..."daw" ha, hindi ko sure kc hindi nmn med kinuha ko...hehehe

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth
    i asked my accountant friend and he said for you to have 18M in taxes (a year), your yearly gross income should be about 51.4M. imposible
    these guys are probably businessmen by occupation but hold a medical degree .. yung mga tipong mga ahente ng philips na nagbebenta ng kung anong machine para sa nuclear medicine na sinu-swelduhan ng $$.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    [RANT ON]

Don't take every piece of news that you read as gospel truth. News, as a rule, has to be sensational in order to be newsworthy. No one wants to hear about the tens of thousands of doctors who are making middle-income wages and who are paying taxes on time. No, they want to hear about the aberrations to the norm, the doctors who number a few hundred who make millions and millions of pesos a year.

Well gheezz yourself. I've got news for you. Life is hard in the country even for doctors, especially doctors like my wife who are serving in the province, sometimes daring to start over in an entirely new place where they are needed and where competition from other doctors isn't so stiff. And yes, we are tempted every f*cking day to go to America or Canada or some other country that appreciates its work force and pays them justly. My wife has been practicing for over five years and we are still living in a rented two bedroom apartment, for goodness sake.

So before you start making sweeping generalizations about doctors having it so good compared to other Filipinos and making money by the millions, go out and actually get to know some of them. Accompany them on emergency calls at 2 a.m. or stay with them as they watch over a patient for four straight hours until the poor fellow stabilizes, and see if their sacrifice is worth the P400 in professional fees that they get or if they should be getting more.

[RANT OFF]
    kaya kasi masyadong nagegeneralize na maganda ang kita ng mga medical professionals, yung mga high earning doctors kasi msyadong pinapakita ang wealth nila. most of the doctors i know have several SUVs, have houses with swimming pools, and are out of the country at least once a year staying abroad at least one month at a time. doctor po sa probinsya ang mga yan na mas mababa ang fee at mas kaunti ang pasyente compared sa metro manila.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i agree with mike 177, yes probably in earlier year being a doctor is sure step to be come a millionaires. but times has changed, nowadays most of of the doctors are not satisfied in their daily in come not because they expect too much for their compensation but they need to meet their daily overhead charges. What are their daily overhead charges? rent for their office, secretaries, monthly bills, transportation. And what about their needs for themselves and their families.

Becoming a doctors is not easy. after high school, to be a Medical Doctor (MD), you have to finish 3 to 4 years a pre med course, then 4 years med proper, on the 4th year you will become a clerk on which you will have to be 36 hour duty in the hospital at least 2 to 3 x a week aside from your daily 8 hours work, 7days a week. this goes on also when you become an intern for another year. after this you have to pass the med. board. Then finally you will pick the specialty of your choice but mind you, this is again another gruelling stage on the part MD especially the earlier years of residency.

When MD is about to practice, they cannot charge on what they want but what the mass people can only pay. This might not be true in some big hospitals. but believe me this hospital does not reflect more than 5% of the hospital of our country.

Aside from this MD, are most of the times, but not always being scrutinize by the media. From which only the side of the patient`s (alleged victim)view are being aired.

To add more, the malpractice law, that is constantly being revived are threatening MD to practice. why? Not because they are not competent but they are always on the fear that their patient/lawyer may use them to acquire financial gain thru suits.... So if this is the case, then MD should do all lab. and ancillary procedures. This is OK if most of the patients can afford it. i.e. an MRI for a simple headache. if ever this law is passed, MD`s now then, have to get malpractice insurance - which is the business side of this law.

This are some of the reasons, why many MD`s here are leaving. And many i know are successful.

i am only stating this, in behalf of the MD`s who are working hard to meet their needs and to enlighten some people regarding their misconception about MD`s.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    6,000 Filipino doctors want to become nurses to get jobs abroad
    Thursday, August 04, 2005, PJI

ABOUT 6,000 doctors in the country are studying to become nurses so they can find higher-paying jobs abroad, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said today.

This was up from 2,000 doctors who studied to become nurses last year, he added.

The exodus of doctors and nurses had created a "threatening situation for our health care system" and a task force had been established to examine the potential impact, he said.

The team was working on a bill which would require doctors to practice in the Philippines for at least three to four years before they were able to work abroad.

"I think the problem really is the migration of doctors. We have so many nurses now, more than enough to fill up (vacancies). But our doctors are leaving," Duque said.

A study by the University of the Philippines had found that between 2000 to 2003 more than 50,000 Filipino nurses went abroad to work, he said.

A doctor working in a government hospital in the Philippines earns only about 25,000 pesos (446 dollars) a month. A doctor could earn around 8,000 dollars a month while working as nurse overseas.

Even lawyers, accountants and engineers are enrolling to train as nurses, he said.

Filipino nurses are in demand in Europe, the United States, the Middle East and even closer to home, such as in Singapore and Japan.

Health officials have warned the country faces a "medical apocalypse" if it continues to lose its health professionals to jobs abroad. AFP

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    actually, if you analyze it, most (if not all) of the MD's who you might perceive as "moneyed" (or, okay, rich) were already rich to begin with (before they even began their practice.)

btw, the 6,000 number that is quoted in the PJI article is, i believe, an understatement. napakadaming gustong tumigil sa practice, mag-nursing, at umalis na ng pinas. the predicted medical apocalypse of 2010 will most probably happen and the malpractice bill will only serve to accelerate it further. already, one major medical school in metro manila has closed and applicants to the college of medicine in most schools are dwindling.

incidentally, the DOH plan to required recently-graduated MD's to render 1-2 years local practice will only fuel the exodus further and further result in lesser and lesser applicants to the college of medicine

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    "A doctor could earn around 8,000 dollars a month while working as nurse overseas."

That is BULLSHIT. 8000/144 hours = 55.55 dollars an hour. look at salary.com and good luck if you can find hospitals paying that much for an UNEXPERIENCED RN.

an M.D. educated as an R.N. outside of USA is still considered a NEW GRAD R.N. good luck if you can earn more than 30 dollars an hour.

everything is being hyped up by some journalist in the phil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
5 doctors to pay P450 M more in taxes