New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...54274024_x.htm

Condes wins IBF's Mini-Flyweight title with a split decision

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Florante Condes of the Philippines won the International Boxing Federation's mini-flyweight title with a split decision Saturday over Muhammad Rachman of Indonesia.
    Condes, known as "The Little Pacquiao," knocked Rachman down twice in the third and 10th rounds during the 12-round title fight held in the studio of the private RCTI television station in Jakarta.

Salven Lagumbay of the Philippines and Montol Suriyachand of Thailand, scored it 114-112 for Condes, while home judge Muhammad Rois gave it 117-113 for Rachman.

The victory improved Condes' record to 22-3-1 with 20 KOs. Rachman - who won the title in September 2004 with a split decision over Colombian Daniel Reyes - fell to 61-6-5 with 31 KOs.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=11602&more=1

Donaire Gives Darchinyan The High Five to Win the Title by KO

BRIDGEPORT, CONN (July 7, 2007) -- Ask newly-crowned IBF/IBO flyweight champion NONITO DONAIRE if he has a lucky number and he may respond with 07-07-07...the date he pulled off the "upset of the year" by starching the previously undefeated and invincible defending champion Vic Darchinyan with the "knockout of the year."

Donaire (18-1, 11 KOs), known as "The Filipino Flash," is a native of General Santos City in The Philippines, now living in San Leandro, Calif. Moving down from his familiar stomping grounds as a super flyweight, Donaire extended his six-year winning streak to 17 fights landing a left hook to the jaw of Darchinyan (28-1, 22 KOs), ending the fight, and Darchinyan's 2 1/2 year (including six successful defenses) title reign at :28 of round five. Donaire is promoted by Gary Shaw and managed by Cameron Dunkin.

"For all my people in The Philippines who didn't believe in me before, I hope you are believers in me now," exclaimed a joyous Donaire. "I worked so hard for this fight and I always knew if I were given the opportunity to fight Darchinyan I would beat him, even if it meant me going down to a weight I hadn't fought at in many years. I am proud to be a Filipino and I hope my people are just as proud of me as their new world champion. We will move forward together defending this title."

The fight was broadcast live by SHOWTIME from the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, Conn.

http://i18.tinypic.com/66xfyqg.gif

lucky satin 7/7/7

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So may 2 world champs na naman tayo. Congrats sa kanila.

Sana magtuloy-tuloy ito.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ang galing galing Mabuhay ang mga Pinoy!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Congrats to both of you - our champions!

:toma: [SIZE="1"]3076[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    congrats esp to donaire for beating the hard punching darchinyan.

congrats also to condes!

these guys do not have the hype of other pinoy boxers but they certainly delivered the goods!

2 New Pinoy Champ