New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is your internet connection speed?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Above 2mbps

71 44.10%
  • Up to 2mbps

18 11.18%
  • Up to 1.5mbps

20 12.42%
  • Up to 1mbps

15 9.32%
  • Up to 768kbps

4 2.48%
  • Up to 512kbps

17 10.56%
  • Below 384kbps

14 8.70%
  • Dial-up speed (56kbps or less)

2 1.24%
Page 40 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    May data limit ba yan sir?

Sent from my Starmobile PLAY Click using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tagal ng skycable crew... 😥

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Using Skycable 16mbps. Lately napansin ko paputol-putol yung internet. Have to reset the modem every so often.

Thinking of getting Globe's 50mbps with 300gb data cap (which I think I doubt I would exceed). Any reviews on users here?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Using Skycable 16mbps. Lately napansin ko paputol-putol yeh internet. Have to reset the modem every so often.

Thinking of getting Globe's 50mbps with 300gb data cap (which I think I doubly I would exceed). Anyone reviews on users here?
    a friend who lives in mandaluyong(vergara area) have a 50Mbps subscription with sky cable. he's having a rock stable connection as advertised *50Mbps++.
    though sky's server/exchange was just a block away from his house and idk if it has something to do with it.

i'll get the 50mbps/fibre in a heartbeat if globe will be offering it within my area, have no problem with my current plan *15Mbps which is the fastest they can offer atm.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    a friend who lives in mandaluyong(vergara area) have a 50Mbps subscription with sky cable. he's having a rock stable connection as advertised *50Mbps++.
    though sky's server/exchange was just a block away from his house and idk if it has something to do with it.

i'll get the 50mbps/fibre in a heartbeat if globe will be offering it within my area, have no problem with my current plan *15Mbps which is the fastest they can offer atm.
    Thanks for the reply sir. Lately there have been diggings in our road, sabi nila sa Globe daw. Hopefully it's the fiber optics.

Apologies for the grammar, been using a phone to reply.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post

I would get fiber too in a heart beat but best available is 64mbps but sky is slow af.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Finally ditched PLDT DSL after 10 years. The first few years were good since our internet was continually updated from the original 384 kbps to 3 mbps, with consistent speeds 95% of the time. However, the past year they've given us crappy, unreliable service and our internet has become so inconsistent that it's under 1 mbps most of the time.

MVP has nothing to worry about though as he still has us as customers - just switched to an LTE plan from Smart and surprisingly it's faster and more consistent than our old wired DSL.

No data cap means unli downloads and streaming at full HD consistently. 😆

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; December 29th, 2016 at 01:27 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Kano monthly nyan sir?^^^

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010

PLDT Fibr - on a residential plan w/ no data caps

Customer service is poor, installation period requires a lot of patience, tech support can be mediocre but when it runs, ping rates are low and speeds are consistent.

Just remember to NOT use their modem as a router and use your own instead as it is definitely a security risk. There's an app out there that can give anyone access to your wifi if you're using the pldt modem as your wireless router.

Btw, you will also need to be on 802.11ac to get 100 Mbps internet over wifi.

Sent using Tapatalk

Your internet connection speed