New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wonder if anyone here have had one of this:

20w Yamaha NX-U10 usb/battery/AC adapter-powered portable speaker

Photos from ecoustics.com

The reviews seem favorable and I like very much its thin shape and portability. But, the pricetag of $150 seems a little hard to stomach.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sayang lang pera dyan... tunog lata pa rin yan... magheadphones ka na lang na maganda.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    sayang lang pera dyan... tunog lata pa rin yan... magheadphones ka na lang na maganda.
    I have a decent set of headphones with me. But, prolonged used of headphones can have a negative effect on hearing not to mention it's nice to listen to music once in a while without anything on the ears.

I was asking if anyone have any experience with the Yamaha because it advertises 20w which is much more than a normal usb-powered speaker is capable of. 20w in real-world use is good enough for normal listening assuming the Yamaha works as advertised. But yep. 150 moolah is a lot to pay for a portable speaker.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ....hahaha... my left ear is partly damaged by that .... head phone use... I could relate.

pero saan space mo ba gagamit ang sounds? kung medyo big room kasi... it would be better to spend it on an Altec Lansing na lang na 2.1 system nila na around P3K.

I am bias, because I haven't used that product pero... I really have doubt (kahit na yamaha is a good audio company) that a small speaker can give you SQ even if 20watts rating pa siya.

Kahit nga yung bose (lifestyle series) na maliliit ang speaker is not that perfect... it is more of the subs which brings out the "life" to it. Having said that, those small speakers will only do you good justice kung malapit ito sa tenga mo.

Even audio buffs can swear that nothing replaces a good size speakers when it comes to SQ.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    ....hahaha... my left ear is partly damaged by that .... head phone use... I could relate.

pero saan space mo ba gagamit ang sounds? kung medyo big room kasi... it would be better to spend it on an Altec Lansing na lang na 2.1 system nila na around P3K.
    I wanted that Yamaha because it fits easily inside my backpack or carry-on. I thought it might be nice on my travels like an overnight at a hotel or something.

After a long flight, I don't really feel like putting on headphones. After all, I wear headphones pretty much the whole flight and while waiting in the terminal. I'd like to listen to music in normal room volumes. But, the sound coming out of the laptop speakers are so bleh.

I'll have to find a store that can demo a Yamaha NX-U10. Then, I can decide whether to buy it or forget it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    if portability is the main concern, and you have a 'normal' sized speakers/HT setup at home, then that Yamaha should be good enough. i'd get one myself if it isn't that pricey and available here, for those out of town trips... somehow, i don't feel like having a headphone/earphone stuck in my ear while relaxing in the park or the beach.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i have a portable stereo NXT flat-panel speaker run by 3 AA batteries, the brand is TDK, Ultraflat CD wallet with built-in amplifiers and NXT surface sound speakers; stores 24 cds;Integrated speaker wallet accommodating CD Player and discs;Space and Weight saving, a light portable device;The ultimate gadget for beach and business
    bili ko sa taiwan 1.5k pesos nung february 2005...

im using rechargeable batt sony2100mAh and panasonic that last over a day....

hanggang ngayon buhay pa at ginagamit to amplify sounds on my laptop and mp3 player....

eto nga pala ang full detail and some sort of review sa isang website

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/im...imaspeaker.htm
    Last edited by radiazone; December 6th, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone View Post
    i have a portable stereo NXT flat-panel speaker run by 3 AA batteries, the brand is TDK, Ultraflat CD wallet with built-in amplifiers and NXT surface sound speakers; stores 24 cds;Integrated speaker wallet accommodating CD Player and discs;Space and Weight saving, a light portable device;The ultimate gadget for beach and business
    bili ko sa taiwan 1.5k pesos nung february 2005...

im using rechargeable batt sony2100mAh and panasonic that last over a day....

hanggang ngayon buhay pa at ginagamit to amplify sounds on my laptop and mp3 player....

eto nga pala ang full detail and some sort of review sa isang website

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/im...imaspeaker.htm
    Hmmm. That looks interesting. I'll check it out if I come across one. Cheaper too.

Yamaha NX-U10 USB portable USB speaker