New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo"]YouTube - Jeremy drives the smallest car in the world at the BBC - Top Gear - autos[/ame]

Your knees serve as the crumple zones, top speed depends on how much you had for breakfast

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Your car inside the office literally :rofl:
    No reverse . . .

Lot of hilarious stuffs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_P50

The Peel P50 is a three-wheeled microcar manufactured in 1962 and 1965 by the Peel Engineering Company on the Isle of Man. It retailed for £199 when new, and currently holds the record for the smallest-ever automobile to go into production.[1]
    Designed as a city car, it was advertised as capable of seating "one adult and a shopping bag." The vehicle's only door was on its left side, and equipment included a single windscreen wiper and only one headlight. Standard colours were Daytona White, Dragon Red and Dark Blue.
    In 2010 production was restared. Now in an electric version with a top speed of 16 km/h. Production is located in an undisclosed location in northern England

Statistics
    At 54 in (1,372 mm) long and 41 in (1,041 mm) wide[4] and with an unladen weight of 59 kilograms (130 lb), the P50 holds the record as the smallest ever to go into production.[4]
    The P50 used a 49 cc (3.0 cu in) DKW engine which gave it a top speed of approximately 61 kilometres per hour (38 mph), and was equipped with a three-speed manual transmission that had no reverse gear. Consequently, turning in a confined area could only be achieved by pushing, or lifting the car using the handle on the rear and physically pulling it round. The makers and users claim fuel consumption of 100 mpg-imp (2.8 L/100 km; 83 mpg-US).[1]
    At least one prototype, the Peel P55 Saloon Scooter, has also survived. Unlike the production Peel P50 (along with all developments and replicas thereof), this prototype used the less stable layout of a single wheel at the front and two at the back. Approximately 50 Peel P50s were sold at £199 each.[1]
    Just imagine this an EB event:

Last edited by Taurus; September 21st, 2010 at 07:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    LOL! What are the parameters in calling a vehicle a car? It's more of a tricycle to me. Also, the weight of the car is 130 lbs? What if the owner weighs 150 lbs and I am assuming majority of the male adult (and even female) population weighs more than 130 lbs. Mas mabigat pa nakasakay sa sinasakyan! haha!
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 21st, 2010 at 09:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa UK kasi 3 wheeled vehicles are taxed much lower than 4 wheels. Kaya meron din gumagamit dun ng Reliant Robin which is always ridiculed at Top Gear!
    Last edited by tidus1203; September 21st, 2010 at 08:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ito ang bagay na sasakyan ni mr. bean

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Nung napanood ko dati yan I never thought Jeremy would fit in that thing.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    magkano kaya singil ng carwash sa ganyan kaliit, hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If I kick that thing I'm sure babaligtad yan

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    ito ang bagay na sasakyan ni mr. bean
    Galit nga si Mr. Bean sa ganyan.
    I recall in some episodes, he constantly bullies a light blue three-wheeled vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    LOL! What are the parameters in calling a vehicle a car? It's more of a tricycle to me. Also, the weight of the car is 130 lbs? What if the owner weighs 150 lbs and I am assuming majority of the male adult (and even female) population weighs more than 130 lbs. Mas mabigat pa nakasakay sa sinasakyan! haha!
    Cathy, do you weigh more than 130 lbs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
World's Smallest production car