New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thebat, are you sure 54mbps ang internet connection speed mo? Can you do an internet connection speed test using this site:

www.speedtest.net

Choose the Singapore server.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    awesome speed! i get 100 mbps! hehe. well, that's my lan speed, and i guess the 54 mbps you're referring to is your wan's speed. test it

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's good that you have acceptable experiences with Linksys routers. :D

Note that if you upgrade to WiFi-N, you must also upgrade your adapters to WiFi-N in order to enjoy the 300mbps network speed. In WiFi law, it's the slowest that rules. So if you let someone with a WiFi-B connect to your state-of-the-art WiFi-N network, the whole network downgrades to WiFi-B.

You can fix this by specifying purely N connection in the router interface (or G if you still have a G).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    HP, will the range increase if i use an N router with a G device? i'm not after the 300 mbps, just the range.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    moe, in my case, it did. YMMV though.

the principle of WiFi-N is based on MIMO, in a nutshell, it uses the bounce-off signals as data signals.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    what devices are connected to your N router? laptops using wireless g? how big a difference does it make? my laptops both use G and I'd like to have longer range than the wrt54gs i;m using now.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    what devices are connected to your N router? laptops using wireless g? how big a difference does it make? my laptops both use G and I'd like to have longer range than the wrt54gs i;m using now.
    Why not try using the linksys wreless G range expander? Mas lalayo yung range.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I am using Belkin N router. And I can use my laptop (G mode) even without an adapter. The throughput is amazing so that I can use my laptop at my dining room (first floor) with the router at the computer room (second floor) that is about 150 feet with light construction materials dividing it. Abot pa rin sa master's bedroom sa ground floor although the signal strength is weaker. Cnet.com gives a favorable review to Belkin over Linksys and Netgear, although it was not recommending the use of the N technology yet at the time I bought a year ago because of standardization/calibration issues. I am one happy user of Belkin N. Plus it carries a lifetime warranty unlike Linksys and Netgear. Too bad it is not available locally. Please take a look at the comparative test done by Cnet lab:

CNET Labs maximum throughput tests with mixed 802.11b/g and MIMO clients (at 10 feet)

(Throughput in Mbps)

Belkin Pre-N router

42.1 </SPAN>

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yup, belkin is also a good router, too bad wala akong makita locally.

may nakita ako abroad Belkin Wifi N with built-in Printer server (via USB). so your ordinary printer will become a network printer. it's cool for me :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I don't remember our brands but I do know we tried switching to the N router from our B/G one with an external antenna tapos ang clients ay mixed b/g at b/g/n. Madami kasing pader ang kailangang lusutan at gusto ko sana lumakas ang range. Ang resulta -- mas maganda pa yung G with external antenna kesa dun sa N na walang external ... kaya kumuha na din ako ng N na may external at bumuti-buti na ang signal -- not by much (I was hoping to increase mga 30% man lang but it's about 15%), though enough to appreciate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Wireless N routers