New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've been hearing a lot of good things about the new Wireless Draft N routers. I plan to replace my Linksys WRT54GS router and when I do that I plan to get either a Linksys WRT150 or WRT300N. To those who've used either, what can you say about the performance? Do the new N routers work well with other G devices? What advantages will I get if I'm using a G device and an N router?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the only benefit that you will get from the n router is the extended range. other than that wala na kasi you are using a g device

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    are you currently using one or have you used one in the past? what brand and model if i may ask? and also, talking about an increase in range, how far can it go as compared to a G router? this would be nice since i don't really need that much speed anyway, but extended range would be an advantage.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    come on guys, any more feedbacks?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Its compatible with G, range almost double in an ideal environment. I think you should be concerned only with N if the bandwidth of G is not enough for you. So far our ISP havent beaten then 10mbps barrier. if you love data xfers within your network upgrading to N is FTW.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would there be a significant increase in range even if your laptop uses only wireless G?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not a + for the N but since you are using Linksys WRT54GS, you can change the firmware and be able to add more functionality to your wireless router.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Linksys routers are crap. Stay away from them. Your connection will slow down then suddenly drop out of the blue when it heats up. Plus, they are not the ones who make their routers. Some third party china company.

Edimax on the otherhand has their own R&D facility and own factory in Taiwan. As you know, when it comes to IT stuff, Taiwan made ones are far superior than China made ones.

Hence, my two WiFi-N routers are both Edimax.

Excellent coverage, connection and ease of use. No complications

Add to that, it's very cheap too, 5k+ lang.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hmmm, interesting. can't say i totally agree with you about linksys being total crap since my wrt54gs has been running 24/7 the past 18 months with 4 wired computers and 2 wireless connections. no problem so far. boybi has exactly the same question i have. will range and performance improve if paired with a device which uses a G card? more inputs please. and i guess the edimax is worth checking out, thanks HP!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I've been using my Lynksys wrt54gs since 2005 and I haven't had any problems with it. Sobrang ok sya and like moe here open sya 24/7 (kahit kumukulog at kidlat!). Excellent lagi signal.

I also use a lynksys wireless G range expander when I work outside at my parents terrace. This expander expand the signal from my house for more than 100meters (open space w/o much obstruction). Sobrang ok laging excellent ang signal feed.

I also have a seperate router and have 1 line going to my parent's house and PC and another wire going to my sister's room. All in all 2 PC and 3 laptops and nakikinabang sa line ko plus pag me bisita nakiki wi fi din.

Btw I still uses the PLDT DSL P1999 (di pa kasama phone line) plan kse eto yung pinaka mabilis (54Mbps). Meron bang mas mura na DSL connection na ganito kabilis or even better?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Wireless N routers