New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Should I upgrade to the free Windows 7 RC1 or just continue using Vista? Am intrigued by Windows 7 (less resource hog than Vista). Currently using Vista 32-bit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would like to use Windows 7 when its already released. But as a beta, I think its too much hassle when the damn thing expires.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I am also looking forward on Windows 7.
    I am currently using the RC and it really is a good improvement compared to Vista.

Compare the Features of Windows 7, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows XP SP3

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I hope Microsoft comes up with a discounted upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 because Vista is plain Sh!t.

They're offering free upgrades from Vista to 7 if consumers buy new computers now (between June 26, 2009 and December 31, 2009) instead of waiting for the release.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For your main PC, I'd stick to Vista for now and until Win7 Retail becomes available. Like GH, I hate going through all the trouble of reinstalling all my apps when the Retail hits the streets. Isang jump lang gusto ko.

Though, I'm using Win7 RC on a spare laptop for my bedside browsing.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004

or, you could create a separate partition on your Vista machine and install Win7 RC there as a dual boot. When the RC expires on March 1, 2010, you can reclaim the partition and still have your Vista intact.

I say this since this is what I did. I've triple boot my laptop: Ultimate Edition Linux 2.2, WinXP Home and Windows 7 RC. I don't want to ditch my XP Home as it's legit (sayang naman.) As to Vista, I've never been impressed with it on our office laptop. But ever since I let my curiosity of Windows 7 got the better of me, I'm slowly becoming a fan of it.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the best thing on windows7 is walang problema kahit upgrade ng upgrade sa builds or clean install to another later builds kasi ang bilis e-install.
    Last edited by rion; July 16th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.

Windows 7 RC1 or Vista