New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Has anyone experienced this...

i've been trying to upgrade my Thinkpad X220(running win7) to Windows 10 for weeks now. i've tried many times to upgrade it, but every time i click "Upgrade Now", it seems to hang. i've tried terminating and restarting it many times, same result.

i've tried disabled the firewall and AV, and freeing up disk space; same result.

Any suggestions? tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

i've been trying to upgrade my Thinkpad X220(running win7) to Windows 10 for weeks now. i've tried many times to upgrade it, but every time i click "Upgrade Now", it seems to hang. i've tried terminating and restarting it many times, same result.

i've tried disabled the firewall and AV, and freeing up disk space; same result.

Any suggestions? tia
    follow these instructions dude.
    How to manually upgrade to Windows 1 - MSPoweruser

you need to download the media creation tool which will perform the upgrade automatically.
    just follow the screen instructions.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    In my case, while Windows 10 was installing/copying files (when all files have been downloaded).

I turned off the WiFi...

Strangely, it worked!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Downloaded successfully but installation got stuck at 99-freakin'-percent. I decided to call it quits after 5 hours of nothing happening. Will try to install again this weekend.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

Any suggestions? tia
    kanina ko lang ni- upgrade ‘yung decade- old na VAIO SR ko (Windows 7 Ultimate).
    hindi ko na sanA upgrade eh (kasi baka matagal mag download) kaya lang tuwing bubuksan ko, labas ng labas ‘yung message na “… last chance for free upgrade” so itinuloy ko na rin.

at first, check muna siya kung “enough space, compatibility, etc.”. kung ok eh di “next”… downloading na, but after a few seconds lang stop na siya. “not enough space” daw. loko ito ah, so check naman ako. i still have more than 120 GB free space on my drives. so, 2nd try… after few seconds, ganon pa rin. so close ko na naman. check na naman the drive space… but this time, check ko na kung saang drive pumapasok ‘yung program. meron palang nakalagay na loaded Memory Stick, at doon pumapasok ‘yung program.

so, pulled out the Memory Stick, restart the downloading, then in just about 2 hours > > > Windows 10. Am not familiar with the Thinkpad X220, pero sana nag ganito lang kasimple and problema.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pwede ko ba shut down ang laptop kahit hindi pa tapos download and automatic na mag resume yung download pag open ko ulit ang laptop or restart lahat?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Pwede ko ba shut down ang laptop kahit hindi pa tapos download and automatic na mag resume yung download pag open ko ulit ang laptop or restart lahat?
    Restart lahat kung via Windows update ginawa mo

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    follow these instructions dude.
    How to manually upgrade to Windows 1 - MSPoweruser

you need to download the media creation tool which will perform the upgrade automatically.
    just follow the screen instructions.

i remember trying this earlier, it didn't work at the time. i tried it yesterday, tumuloy naman, laptop has been upgraded to Windows 10...with days to spare. There are still some driver/Lenovo software issues to deal with, i'll pick them apart later.

Thank you sir ^_^

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Well, if you guys want an user friendly operating system, just stick with windows 7 or 8.1.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tm.Lakas View Post
    Well, if you guys want an user friendly operating system, just stick with windows 7 or 8.1.
    windows 10 is a combination of windows 7 & 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast